CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Well, I really went & did it now...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty much a done deal. Because of my job I don't know that I can get it today, but diffently Friday I'm getting my new DS !
I wanted the black one but he cut me a better deal on the yellow one in stock (it's a 2001 also)
I keep checking the weather channel & it says rain all week-end. I guess the DS won't be shiny for long because I'm riding this baby in the wet I don't care. I want to hurry & get it broke in right so I can let'er rip
I'll miss my Scrambler (until I hit that 4th & 5th gear) then I guess I might get over it.

Any break-in tips?
ps> Glad I'm part of the elite DS-650 gang

Old 03-29-2001, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

heres a break in tip. break it in while its raining. that way you can ride it in the nice weather.

Old 03-29-2001, 12:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Andrew, I don't own a DS, but have some advise.
If your heart is set on a black DS (in my opinion...much better lookin' than the yellow), don't let a couple of hundred dollars on a $6,500+ machine sway your opinion. Get what YOU want! You'll probably be glad you did.

Old 03-29-2001, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Congrats Andrew! Glad to hear that you are/will be a DS owner. The most I can tell you is that, make sure you set the suspension to your specs and definitely adust the chain to your weight! Others on this forum chewed up the chain roller because the chain was too tight. Mine was actually too loose. Once you dial in your DS's suspension and get the motor broke in, you will be a very happy rider! Good luck! newdsowner.

Old 03-29-2001, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of deal did you get?

Old 03-29-2001, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Gary660R,
I know what you mean about the black one. I don't mind yellow. I thought I'd get black just to be different. My friend has a 300EX & his front fenders look bad. I was also worried about how dark colors show scratches so bad. My white Scrambler hardly shows scratches at all. I know theyt sell stuff to shine plastic but it might be a never ending battle. For those that just ride in the dunes scratches wouldn't matter. Also, my girl likes yellow so I tried convincing her it was all for her! Plus she was putting the screws to me on cost! If I ever really want the black one I thought for a few houndred later on I'd just order black plastic & seat then I could have both. People would think I'd have 2 quads
Kasier,
Between my Scrambler as trade in & him not charging frieght cost, cutting me another $150 on the cost of the floor model & giving me a free Bombardier riding jersey (woo-hoo !) I pay a difference of $3250 OTD. Not bad for the "muscle" increase I guess.

Old 03-29-2001, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I have a yellow one. I was at the dealers the other day, they had a black one on display, you could see every scuffmark, they had it outside for the day and you could really see the dust on it. If you want black just order the plastic. Have fun getting it muddy the first day, don't worry it washes up nice

Old 03-29-2001, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen the black DS.I like yellow myself.But you are going to have lots of fun on your new DS.

Old 03-29-2001, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply, it sounds like you made out alright, congrats on your new DS.

Old 03-30-2001, 05:57 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, congratulations on your DS. You will love it. It is an awesome quad, the best in my opinion.
Mine is also yellow. I almost got the black too, but know I'm glad I didn't for all those reasons shown above.
Ride fast but safe
JNBOMB650

PS: I think you won't miss much your scrambler. I dind't.

Quick Reply: Well, I really went & did it now...