CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 02:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of designing a dual exhaust set up. When it's finished I will give you the performance information. Also i'm designing 2 different kinds , a quiet set and a loud set. Also i will show you some pics once i'm done. If it proves to work great. Would anyone be interested in buying? One more thing i'm not no big industry , I'm just a one man crew so my prices will not be out rageous. Why spend $300 for some aluminum?

Old 08-04-2001, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Where are you putting the mufflers on the left side or one on each side?

Old 08-04-2001, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

YEAH,lets see them when done.Been holding off on whole exhaust system,maybe one these will be for me.

Old 08-04-2001, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen dual exaust on some of the BMW supermono bikes Exaust pic I moved my battery under the seat so I could put mufflers on each side.Let me know when you get it done I would like to see pics
Thanks
Jeff
subframe pic

Old 08-04-2001, 12:09 PM
Range Rover

Even though Custom X is still promising to get me another pipe, not holding my breath, that is quieter I just might be intersted in the dual set up if its not too expensive. What kind of dB's are you targeting with the quiet setup? Oregon dune areas are looking for 93dB now and I have heard that after 2003 they are considering making it 90dB. I wonder how they test with two mufflers, 20" back right between them? Anyone with a Banshee had theirs tested? Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 08-04-2001, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

The dual exhaust setup is going to be one pipe on each side. It'd look cooler that way instead of having one side all cluddered up. As for the decibels i'm not sure yet because i live in pennsylvania , Which means noone really cares about noise but i'm gonna shoot for 85 -95 decibles somewhere in around there. As for price i'm not really sure until i purchase all the materials for my prototype. But My setups not gonna be no more than $300. It may sound expensive but i'm doing this by myself out of my little shop. Another thing is if it works great and i decide to manufacture these pipes , I will not sell them until at least 2 or 3 months after i'm done testing. Due to the fact I have to build each one by hand. Sorry if that sounds like too long but i've only got 2 hands. I could hire some people but i wanna know that my product's done the way i want it. My major concern right now with the dual exhaust setup is to get each side flow equally. I got a tech question also. Does anyone know how i can run double carbs on ds?

Old 08-04-2001, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'm taxing my memory here from the reserch I did when I first thinking about moding my DS so Don't quote me on specficics, the BMW F650 uses the same 650 Rotax as the DS 650 (side; I buy my Rotax parts at BMW, there're cheaper than Bombardier) The F650 uses twin 33mm CV carbs, I thought about using this setup but decided against it for a couple of reasons, 1 I ride at several differen altitudes, twice as much stuff to mess with for rejeting. 2 did'nt feel I would get much if any more performace that the Woods 45mm. Woods sells a twin 39mm flat slide setup but its too much carb unless you have a Team-Pami 760 kit, I think you must also modifify the flat steel frame brace behind the carb location just my .02

Old 08-04-2001, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

I am working on the dual carb set-up this weekend hope to have it ruuning by tommorowDual 39mm carbs

Old 08-04-2001, 11:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

jeffnrivercity, those supermono twin pipes are awesome.

I saw your pic of the dual carbs. How are you going to fit the 2 air filters in under the seat? You could fabricate a box that mates to the carbs and connects to the filters under the seat frame at the top of the rear shock.

For my tubo setup I am fabricating a cylindrical plenum that will sit above the rear shock, with a circular pipe that runs to my single 46mm throttle body.

Did you ever dyno your Team-PAMI setup?

Old 08-05-2001, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

you DS650 guys are the craftiest guys in all of forum land. anyways, wutang if you wanna make a dual exaust for a 400EX i'd be happy to be a tester for you. lol come on man, hook me up!

Quick Reply: DS 650 dual exhaust