CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

should i buy a DS 650 or a Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001 | 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

HAHA I got my laughs out of that one. I love to hear peoples dumb reactions. You guys lowered yourselves lower than me and thats a hard feat to accomplish, good job! As for the invitation to South, Sand45, I would love to but I work on Saturday and my Raptor is in the shop getting some little tweaks done to it but thanks anyways! I would really love to prove my Raptor will kill the DS...but wait...I already have with every DS I've raced! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I hope you Have fun Saturday, I know I wont!

-Darren

Old 10-24-2001 | 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

lol I know, isn't it great?!

Old 10-25-2001 | 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Back to the size thing, the Raptor is the better bike for shorter guys. I'm 6' and just barely touch the outside peg when I'm leaned over the other side in a power slide. Maybe Bubba can't reach the pegs at all and that's the sourse of his fear of an adult sized bike? Also, along the same line, recent studies show that the type of obnoxious bluster exibited by individuals like Bubba is an indication of exteamly small ***** size and/or disfuntion. Let's give him a break, he gets enough ridicule on the few dates he manages to get.

Old 10-25-2001 | 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm... this is something I posted earlier for those of you that haven't read it in another forum.. "Hmm ... If I may I would like to add my two cents worh here...
I was pretty gung-ho about the Raptor espially when compared money wise to the cannondale, but recently I have really been upset from what I have been hearing from the pros, and many of my friends. Let me explain. First off I just came back from nationals in Crawfordsville, IN. Last year I saw at least 3 raptors competing out of over probably a couple hundred quads, this year not even one. I have a couple friends that are trying to find buyers right now to get rid of their raptors. They have had all kinds of problems with theirs. from blown rings, to bent upper a arms (from what I hear are vary thin aluminum), and bending handle bars, snapping clutch levers, ect; Now most of these guys are pretty hard on their machines, but from what I was told Yamaha Raptors are good up to a point, and then if you push them any harder they start bending and breaking parts way earlier than compared to other quads. It seems that Yamaha in the search of lightening up the Raptor has done some serious reducing of the structure integrity. When I was getting gas on my way to nationals I was talking to the gas station attendant, he also said his brother was wanting to sell his Raptor and go back to 250Rs, because he was tired of blowing rings. I honestly have vary little time on a raptor, but only your can decide if the risk is great enough for you when spending that type of money, I would deffinately go for a heavier quad if this meant having a stronger chassis. As for the Bombardier, I have heard nothing but good things, and despite its weight I have heard people taking 50 foot jumps in the dunes and having no problems what so ever. I don't know go figure... "

Old 10-25-2001 | 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

i have video of over 100ft jumps at the dunes. no problems.

Old 10-25-2001 | 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, good one TRXter! How long did it take you to think that post up? An hour? Get a life! And I'm 6' also and I have no problem touching the outside peg in a power slide. If you really have a problem try getting peg extentions, they help quite a bit for power slides. As for the ***** thing, nope my ***** is the right size and functions fine thanks for your concern. It sounds like you are insecure about your ***** size maybe you should seek counciling. And thanks for the the concern on my dating life too, your such a thoughtful person! I have a girlfriend at the moment so I don't have any dating problems either.

-Darren

Old 10-25-2001 | 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know when you get your raptor back from the shop, and will hook up!Im always looking to ride with someone even if you ride a raptor.(LOL)

Old 10-25-2001 | 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well my ***** is pretty small, so that is why I put so much money in my bike. I don't know, is 3 inches small. LOL

Old 10-26-2001 | 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

Here are the FACTS:

Read any magazine that has done a shootout between the Rap and DS. The DS is always faster in a drag.

I just competed in my first motocross (with my DS) with many other quads including two raptors. Even though the other riders on the Raptors were lighter by 20lbs., who still got the holeshot in both motos? That's right, the plush DS. The Raptors took 5th and 7th, and I was 3rd behind tricked out 400EX and 250R. Since the owner/builder of the track was on the 400ex, he had a little advantage.

I've also dragged the owner of a Raptor with modded airbox, filter, GTY-R exhaust, carbon fiber wheels, and beat him too.

Old 10-26-2001 | 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

crap there isnt enuff room to post all the problems ive had with my ds !!! ut oh i need to go measure my ***** .....4 rides on the 2002 raptor nutten failed yet !!lmao my ds never maid 4 rides ...I miss my honda its all tore apart getting ready for next year !!

Quick Reply: should i buy a DS 650 or a Raptor