CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

should i buy a DS 650 or a Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001 | 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Go whit the raptor thrust me you will not regret!!!, ive seen both in action and the raptor is just better!!!

Old 10-26-2001 | 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

DSONYX99,

LOL, you act like the DS is sooo much faster, the magazines said it was .5 mph faster! Thats not even enough to notice lol. They also said the Raptor was wayyyy quicker and that the .5 mph didn't help cause the Raptor was to far ahead for the DS to catch up anyway. And as for your little MX race it's the rider not the bike.

Old 10-26-2001 | 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

whoa guys. Lets not all forget about a real quad like the cannondales. You want performance look before buying other quads first.

Old 10-26-2001 | 07:01 PM
Range Rover

Texas? only visited for a short time.

Sorry; but I have to cast a vote for the DS, in light of what I have seen
in the Southwest reguarding terrain.

If one would look honestly at both Quads, each has had its successes.

The DS did win the 2000 Baja, Roof of Africa and the "Numb Bum" ice race.

The Raptor won in West Austraila, BITD(Best In The Desert)250, Tonopa 300
(don't know if the spelling is right) and as far as I know the only 4-stroke
to podium in the GNCC Pro class.

Stock;

Top Speed- too close to call, we used cell phones and stop watches over a 200
yd run with a long run to the trap, going both ways and 3 riders taking their
turns on each.

Raptor has a advantage in acceration, BUT the DS is no slouch.

Some may say that the DS is a tank and hard to ride, I disagree.

While it maybe a little more
difficult to manuver the Quad itself, the Raptor requires more body english
to avoid flipping and tipping when ridden hard.

Someone else also bought up a good point.

" Do Not forget about Cannondale"

The only manufacture that seems to care about ATV racing.

BTW
I own a Raptor

Good Luck,
Great Day,
Bless the U.S.A.

Y2K

Old 10-26-2001 | 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Dam guys, Lets all get along here. I have always admired the bomb forum for not having flames but I geuss it had to end sometime.

Old 10-27-2001 | 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Big Bubba. Go home. Go back to Yamahaland.
We all look at the other threads and post occasionally. But going on to Honda and whining how 400EX's suck is just not "cricket". That is exactly what you have done here. Whining about a quad you don't have, or don't like, and have little or no experience with is not what these Forums are about.
Go Away. Don't come back untill you've grown up and can CONTRIBUTE to this forum, not just bash and flame.
I would like to suggest that we let this thread DIE ON THE VINE. No more posts please.

Old 10-27-2001 | 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

BigBubba has been warned.

Old 10-29-2001 | 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

Ive driven the Raptor 660, the DS 650 and the 400EX, I have to say that I enjoy the raptor alote better than the ds, The Raptor is juste more fun. Ive look around alote of review, and they all prefere the raptor over the DS. So if you want a good quad go whit the raptor its the king of quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2001 | 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

OK... yeah the raptor is a good quad but you guys seriously need to consider the type of riding your going to be doing. SO far, every rider I have met that has tried to beat a raptor like our 250r's has ended up breaking a-arms, blowing rings, and snaping or bending something on them. They are fun bikes, not doubt but you better know your limitations if your going to run them fast like the pros. I think this is why I saw less in nationals this year then last. They can be alot of fun. But the bikes integrity is vary uncertain, espially if your going to jumping the doubles, and keeping up with faster riders on mx and through the woods. You pop a good tree with your front end or clip one with your handle bars and they are alot more likely to break than most other quads. If I'm wrong then maybe somehow the only 4 or 5 riders I know that have owned one or do now just happened to all tell me the same thing about all the problems they have been having. Or maybe all 4 or 5 riders just happend to get a bad batch of raptors. You find out for yourself, but as nice as the raptor looks, I would much rather have a quad I'm not going to have to worry about replacing broken, bent parts on everytime I go and try and keep up with my buddies on a faster pace. Don't get me wrong the quad is deffinately nice, but from what I have heard over and over again from raptor owners and those that have already sold their raptors they were great until you pushed them and then they just push back. Something has to give you know! For some reason I'm just hearing that they aren't holding up like the Bombs, 400exs, and 250r's.

Old 10-30-2001 | 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

Hey cctman, youre right but, The raptor is just at hit second years. Give it 2-3 more years and it will handle as good as a 400ex.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: should i buy a DS 650 or a Raptor