CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New bombs on there way!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my december issue of dirtwheels and they mention "The other exciteing news from bombardier is that are set to release at least two and possibly three new machines, perhaps as soon as this coming summer. The word we've heard is a that a mid-sized, possibly 400-500cc, all new four stroke powered sport quad and is set to debut as a an early release 2003 model" Page 85 dirtwheels GOOD NEWS!! Wait though here is the best "Another item we've heard is that bombardier is considering marketing the first racing two stroke powered quad! Our sources inside the factory tell us that this machine would be a full on, closed course racing quad utilizing possibly a twin cylinder, direct injection, two-stroke powerplant WE KNOW FOR A FACT THIS MACHINE IS UNDER CONSIDERATION AT THE FACTORY!!If bombardier really does want to shake up the industry then we can't think of any better way to do it than tp build this vehicle! If you feel the same way, contact them at www.recreation.bombardier.com and tell them what you think" Guys I think this is to awesome and just had to share. Hopefully for those of us who really do want a 2-stroke quad we will respond to the above address and let bombardier know they are on the right track. It all depends on US to give them enough feedback to let them know it is a worth while venture. IF THEY BUILD IT WE WILL COME

Old 10-31-2001, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hell, if they build it i will come.

Old 11-01-2001, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Are you supposed to send a letter or E-Mail? Can someone post a link to the exact page you are supposed to be at?

Old 11-03-2001, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I believe email will do just fine. I would post a link to just click on but at this point don't know how. However on initial post I put the website to go to.

Old 11-05-2001, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys
Just want to let you know that I got some info from a Bombardier engineer who is working
at what they call themselves " the basement " I think, that's where they test new setup for the racing division.
One of my friend will even bring his DS motor head to that division for fine tuning and porting.
There is as he says, a twin cyl, 400cc, two stroke with RAVE valve on the bench. ( fact ).
Keep looking .

Old 11-05-2001, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 3TV, How about that new Suzuki 400 for your son? It is lightweight, has a high tech motor, and REVERSE would be great for a little guy on a big quad. Skyler is 13 now, but having reverse on his Raptor is a great feature, 'cause there's no way he could muscle it around if he got into a dead end situation. I think the mini-me potential is quite good too, and you may not be able to wait for the DS 400. Boy he sure outgrew that 250 EX fast.
......I now have all the parts, except for the works shocks, for my Raptorette transformation. Blaster A-arms, hubs, brakes, cables, Douglas wheels and Holeshot/Razr tires. I hope to pick up the Raptorette on Wednesday and tear it apart before little Ian sees it.
......I am hoping this little Franken-Raptorette will do till he's about 10. That's five years of riding. Then, a 250 EX,,but from your experience that is going to be a short jump till he's ready for the real deal. Five years from now there should be some even better stuff out there.
......It used to be "Cars and Girls",,,,,"Now it's Kids and Quads"
I wish I could get my wife to ride, maybe she just hasn't ridden the right quad yet. The one she has liked the best was Skyler's first, the Polaris Trail Boss, which was a very nice entry level quad. The Grizzly didn't do a thing for her. At this point she has decided it is not for her and I doubt I could get her interested anyway. That Suzuki might be good for her, but she wouldn't ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]