CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ohtsu Radial Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone familiar with the Ohtsu radial tires being used on both the new 2003 Honda Rincon and Bombardier’s 650 Baja? Every article I have read pertaining to either of these wheelers have all committed on how much the Ohtsu radial tires improve the handling of the wheeler and are one of the key components in the overall performance of the ATV. They say the Ohtsu radial tire offers less rolling resistance and reluctance to roll-over in turns. Sounds to me if you mounted these on a set of bead lock OMF Douglas Wheels you would have an outstanding setup. Could this be one of those “best kept secrets” we are all searching for? Does anyone have any info or feedback?

Old 11-14-2001, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

I do not know abought the ones on the rincon but the ones on the baja are the same as the oem honda 400ex tires. I loved them on my ex. They say that they are the best rated oem tire on a sport machine. Some people claim that they are too soft and puncture easily, but in the close to a thousand miles I had on mine they never onece had a flat. They would grab anything from snow and sand to hard pack. I dont think they would last long on the back of a ds though due to the fact that they are softer than most.

ps. I am planing on going to the algona pits this sat. but a lot of people are talking abought a place in ft dodge. Where is this place? Is it open for rideing? and if so how do you get there. I live up by sheldon and it would be abought a 2+ hour drive. Is it worthe the extra 45 minutes to skip algona? Thanks

Old 11-15-2001, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

Fort Dodge has about 2,000 acres of old gypsum mines that we ride. I would not recommend going in there and riding it without someone who knows the trails 'cause there are sink holes and other hazards you need to be aware of. There are also a couple of unfriendly neighbors and if you get on their land they will have you arrested.

We are currently working with the gypsum mills to transform this unused land into a state funded OHV park. We need all of the support we can get so get your friends together and join the club - The Webster County Wheelers. I'm the membership chairman so I can help you out with that.
A bunch of club members meet every Sunday to go riding plus we have four or more club rides each year. This year we went to Black River Falls, WI and Five Fingers in Missouri.

I'll send you a private message on how you can get a hold of us. This area is the best kept secert in the state but we have to play our cards right so we can get it transformed into a park. If we don't the mills will eventually run us out. Catch ya later.

Old 11-16-2001, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I have them on my 400EX(stock tires) and love them. I think they are probaly one of the reasons the 400EX handles so good.I want to get some for my DS.

Old 11-21-2001, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Im glad you asked this ? the kendas on the ds are absolutely the worst tires ive ever had on any atv. Im probabbly going to buy Ohtsu radials all the way around my ds. those radials hook up better bald than the kendas do new.WHERE CAN I BUY THEM & WHAT IS THE MODEL# HelP!!!!!