CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A sad day for the DS650

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 07:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the DS guys need some backup, I might be available with the turbo DS, although I'm trying to make one more trip to Little Sahara before it gets any colder. Can I get a copy of a videotape and mpeg if I come out and race?

Old 12-03-2001, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

knut,z
how can you state those lies .

here is what has happend to my ds
1. fans (hmm you never herd of anyone having fan problems ???? )more like every ds out there .

2. chain roller . another ds problem .....right????

3. ball joints ??? and yes there has been quite a few posts on this issue ??? right ????
4. front shocks ...another well posted subject .

5. clutch ....you sell the fix for that so you know the problem ....

6. and axle ...low rockwell rating but then again the ds is made for sand, not jumping
dont get me wrong knutz every quad has there problem's
and yes I'll be the one to find them .(I ride them very hard) but the ds was a joke for how it was bragged to be tuff ! (imo) the motor never as much as coughed but every thing elese sucked . Im sure were you live and ride (big soft sand dunes ) the ds works ok .but here in minnesota the land demands the best . You have no Idea how much the ds is hated here in Minnesota by xc and mx racers. You would have better luck showing up on a 230qs then a ds . I liked my ds's performance very well !! if the quad would have been more relieable I would have had another in a heart beat . As far as bragging the raptor up .....No I will not...It has not passed my test's yet .... I Did snap a chain . The motor has now been shipped by by for the winter months ... for a 686 kit by trinity . and the rest is being taken down to the frame for powdercoating and extras . Im going to atempt exstending the swingarm my self .

Old 12-03-2001, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not posting any lies. People have had the problems that you listed[not sure if anyone else had the ball joint problem except you and the folks you were riding with], but, no one but you had ALL of these problems. It almost seems that any problem that anyone ever had with any DS, you had with yours.

Old 12-03-2001, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Come on Biggy~
Just look at your signature:

DS crashed
Raptor 2nd motor

My DS, I've only had the Stock Roller fail on me. Now I've had other problems of course:

Big Gun Complete - flaking finish
Head Light Bulb - ?
Bent Handle Bars - Roll over
Flat Tires - Rocks and others
Slipping Clutch - due to the use of Mobil Oil

All the above are my fault or an after market company, not the DS. I owned a Blaster, Scrambler and now the DS. As for my past history, the DS is far less of a problem then my other rides.

Sound like your hard on your ride biggy, nothing wrong with that. It just means you like to ride & ride hard.

Old 12-04-2001, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Biggy,

Its funny how you think crap that has happened to your DS650 is going to happen to everyone. None of the things that you have listed have happened to me or the 4 DS650's I ride with. No mechanical device is going to be intolerant to improper use, abuse or neglect. If you ride it too hard or just don't give a damn then its gonna break - deal with it. Don't go badmouthing others because they haven't experienced you misfortune.

Old 12-05-2001, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

biggy.... are you sure you actually know how to ride quads, or are you just backing MAC trucks over them or launching them off cliffs? If you want to look at the facts nothing is unbreakable, however compare the strength as in size, deminsions, mass, of each component with the consideration of load upon of course, and I would bet you would find the parts on the Bomb are made alot stronger, and built alot better than those on most quads. Why do you think the Bomb weighs so much? Bombardier could have made the DS as light as the Raptor vary easily, but ask the owners espially those running in events such as baja if they would wish this on the quad. Look how many more problems the Raptor has had as compared to the DS. Many, many more. In search of a light raptor they have sacraficed much durability and strength and it shows. I'm not trying to get into a comparison war again, but come on your not fooling anybody.. espially here.. IF your going to say you had all that bad luck with a DS then I will say it is possible you got a bad machine however the odds are against that, or better yet I just might say you don't know how to treat a quad correctly. Anything can be broken with an improper load placed on it, just ask the makers of the Abram A1 tank.

Old 12-05-2001, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

good job cct .. iv been hearing biggy bad mouth ds for awail now .. its time to shut that guy up ..

Old 12-05-2001, 01:53 PM
Range Rover

Well I got off my DS and on my wifes raptor and did 2 laps as fast as I could on it (2 miles) and I was gigling while riding. You guys can drag all you want, but lets drag over a very bumpy surface then add some turns and jumps. There will be no contest.

Old 12-06-2001, 02:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

can rooster and hurycne come over to play saturday? Is it okay with mommy? any new mods this week?

Maybe scooby can bring his turbo reptile slayer?

Old 12-06-2001, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Is the track going to be ready? Did you ever get a chance to get the big machines out and move some dirt? Dale(Banshee) just emailed me and he wants to put the 2 stroke back on the map![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: A sad day for the DS650