CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

a stock ds beat a rw stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An aftermarket exhaust and CDI would be enough to let one DS walk away fron another. The problem comes in with the carb. A 45MM is not easy to tune to get it to run well with a stock motor. It is highly possible that he bolted the big carb on and never did a thing to tune it in. If that is the case, I can easily see him losing to a stock DS. On our 703 motors, we offer either the 42MM or the 45MM, based on what sort of power you want. The 42MM flat slide will out flow the stock carb, but still give you great throtle responce and low end power. The 45 will not increase your low end as much, but give better high RPM performance.

I believe the story. I agree that even torn up paddles should out run stock tires in sand. I think the RWR loss was more due to a poor state of tune than due to a poor kit. I also feel that RWR customers should ask for a 42MM carb if they don't plan to go to a Stage III[or a Pami 703/760] some time down the road.

Old 12-05-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Not to crack on bombthreat187 or anything BUT take his story for what its worth. When people post in here and can't spell they are usually a minor "that has'nt learned to spell yet" or someone that is just ignorant. This guy could go either way I think. So if they can't spell or use spell check take their opinion and storys for what its worth and what kind of person its comming from. MarkyNark, your a good source of info. Keep up the good work and thanks.

PS: Sorry for putting this on the thread BUT I could'nt take his spelling or lack of any longer.

Old 12-05-2001, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Worse than being illerate is being a plagiarist. Go get you own nick, son.

Old 12-05-2001, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

plagiarist \Pla"gia*rist\, n. One who plagiarizes; or purloins the words, writings, or ideas of another, and passes them off as his own; a literary thief; a plagiary. One who steals nicknames on ATVConnection.com

Old 12-05-2001, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

THANK YOU KNUTZ .THE KID DID SAY HE HAD A 45 MM CARB ON IT .. SO WHO KNOWS.. AND FOR THE REST OF YOU I DON,T CHECK WHAT I WRITE IT JUST COMES OUT. IF THERE WHERE A SPELL CHECK ON HERE MAYBE I WOULD USE IT .. THIS IS MY WAY TO SPACE OUT FROM WORK WHEN I GET A MIN .. SO THE POST MY BE SLOPY BUT TO THE POINT . BUT THAT DOESN,T MEAN A THING ...

FOR TRXter.. FIRST OFF I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU ON HERE AND NEVER SEEN THE BOMBTHREAT .. BUT WHY WOULD U BE TRXter.THEN AKA BOMBTHREAT .. WHO CALLS YOU BOMBTHREAT ?????????????????????

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

Bombthreat you wouldn't have to spend another 3000 for the 703 kit, you'd already have a carb and cdi and pipe, so it might cost an additional 1500 but you get what you pay for either way, wether you get all of it from Knutz or like some of us that bought stage 1 over a year ago and just need the rest of the goodies to get the 703 kit its all the same. SO ITS THE SAME BANG AT 1ST. so don't post you get more bang for your buck, post FOR MORE BUCKS YOU GET MORE BANG. OK BOMBYBOY

Old 12-05-2001, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

When I first registered here a couple of years ago I was riding a TRX400EX and I also love practical jokes, ergo "TRXter". Last summer I sold the Honda and got a DS and ,like Bill Bixby, underwent an icredible metamorphosis to become "Bombthreat"! Most of those who refer to me as such are over on another ATV website, the identity of which shall remain a secret in order to protect the powers that be here from undue competition.

Old 12-05-2001, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

OK STAGE1 ..WHO,S THE BOY CALLING NAMES ( BOMBYBOY )..I STATED THIS THREAD JUST TELL WHAT HAPPEN .. U COMIN HERE ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE WITH YOUR PISSED OFF FACES AND TALKING LIKE YOUR S^%$ DON,T STINK ... I COULD COME DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL AND START CALLING NAMES .(FROM YOUR WEB PAGE I COULD THINK OF A FEW) . BUT NO IM NOT A 10 YEAR OLD HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER. IM JUST TELLING THE TRUTH ... SO TAKE HOW YOU WANT .....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, so he's not a 10 year old hiding behind a computer...........I'll give him 12-14 years old MAYBE. TRX, I think its wise to keep the "other" forum quiet or he'll be in there stealing that nickname next. By the way bombthreat187 turn off you caps lock please, its considered yelling.

Old 12-05-2001, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

Lol, ProEMTPFF. No, I got it registered over there.

Quick Reply: a stock ds beat a rw stage 1