CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Bombardier Traxter XT

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2000, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell by that comment that you no absolutely nothing about these machine nor the companies reputation! Nice try!

Old 02-18-2000, 01:44 PM
Range Rover

Unfortunately I know too much about bombadier. Having spent my military career as a vehicle tech,
I have seen what junk they manufacture. If you want to wake up to the reality of politics. You can buy anything. The lucritive F18a maintenance contract went to bombadier, over other highly qualified companies. The Dash 8 series of aircraft is manufactured by bombadier, fine aircraft, but it was a Dehaviland, then a Boeing plant. Next comes Ottawa with another handout for Quebec intrests, and now bombadier owns it. Oh yes, I was part of the team doing the testing for the Iltis. The contract was signed before the testing (trials)were conducted. If you believe for one minute that the military calls the shots in procurrment you have a lot to learn about beauracy. Been their seen it. A Canuck that knows.

Old 02-18-2000, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Jett, you sound more like a Canuck with a political agenda than a Canuck who knows....

Old 02-20-2000, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

jett and rancheres,
If you read my previous post, you would have noticed that I stated that the only personal experience I have had with Bombardier are their Sea-Doo watercraft. I never meant to imply that I knew about Canadian military vehicles. Since I am a lowly 16 year old Georgia boy, I have not been introduced to the bureaucracy of politics or even a Canadian. Personally, I have nothing but good things to say about Bombardier, but I am sure you have your valid opinions about them too.

Just my opinions...

Old 02-23-2000, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe the Milspec division of Bombardier makes a lot of junk, but I've had 5 Bombardier Ski-doo's since '73 and never had a problem with them. I just purchased a new DS650 and the engineering and construction is excellant (if not a bit heavy). I'm looking forward to reliable riding on it in the mid lower part of Mich this spring. JP

Old 02-24-2000, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

Perhaps we should take Jett's comments in context. If you have a bad experience with a product you will look at it from a different perspective than you did. Being in the military I am familiar with the way some purchases are done and some pockets are lined.

It is not as easy to sell substandard equipment to civilians. We are spending our money and not someone else's.

I say Jett's is but one opinion and let us not berate him if he hates Bombardier products. I'm sure you won't change his mind anymore than he will yours. If Bombardier products prove to be inferior we just won't buy. It will take more than one dissatisfied person who I'm assuming doesn't even own a Bombardier product to convince me they produce junk.
Scott.

Old 02-26-2000, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Now, children, don't get all worked up over being closed minded and open mouthed.
I'm too old to care, but I can assure you the Traxter will outwork the Honda 450ES all day and on less fuel with a heck of alot more power, besides being older, I love the step thru mounting when the back is loaded.
Keep moaning, I love it !

Old 03-02-2000, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Rooster, I have one of the Traxters 99, took a little getting used to the differneces from the Honda 450ES, now I would not go back to the 450ES, while the Honda is a fine machine, it is no match for my type of use. From what I can tell and read the new XT Traxter is identical with a few options. I had a problem with the Traxter, it was properly taken care of by the dealer, I would by another if needed.
I work the Traxter, it is either full throttle or hard brake and long idling. love the rear radiator and really love the electric/hyraulic shifing.
Alot of folks talk about the all wheel drive, the Traxter does it wonderful, one front wheel makes one half turn then it locks up, amazing.
Enuff said
Thanks.

Dave wg4t@genset.com

Old 03-03-2000, 03:05 AM
Trailblazer

Having flown a Candaian F/A-18's, I can say that they are well maintained and well built aircraft. I will say that the flight in the F/A-18 was a check-ride, but I will attest personally to their passenger and business aircraft

Bombardier makes some fine aircraft. Having spent over 200 hours with the CRJ200 as a pre-delivery pilot and spending a 5 hours on a pre-production CRJ700, I can say that Bombardier makes fine, world-class product. Their reigonal jets fly like a dream, and are reliable and manageable in emergency situations (ie: one engine landing with no flaps etc.)

If the Airbus I am flying right now were as reliable, I'd be a happier camper.

I looked at the Traxter when I bought my Polaris. The only reason I went with the Polaris was for the manual plow lift. That was the sole reason that the Traxter was left in the cold. Now that I'm looking for a new quad, I looked at getting a Traxter XT, I would have considered it again if it had been available.

I'm guessing that the poster who was down on Bombardier has no experience with the aircraft. I bought my Challenger boat and SeaDoo XP's on the reputation of the aircraft alone. They have been nothing but reliable and downright cheap to operate.

Bombardier makes a fine product no matter what political affiliation or nationality.

Just my .02 cents,

Jack

Old 03-03-2000, 11:48 PM
ksk
Trailblazer

I am another Bomb. supporter although I am definitely not a Canadian. I have two Ski-Doo snowmobiles also that run flawlessly. My Traxter has more power than speed for sure but power is what I need! The step through is fine for me. I had over 4000 miles on my old Honda 300 4Trax when I sold it and got the Traxter. My Honda never let me down and hopefully after my Traxter gets more miles on it my confidence in it will be even higher.