CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 02:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DemonDS,

Thanks. I was actually thinking of adding something about T Shirt ordering, but since the event isn't going to be that kind of deal it doesn't matter. I really don't think a sign up sheet is needed for an unofficial literally much smaller gathering. I don't plan to take the DS Days page offline, but I think some changes are warranted. Maybe we'll just start planning 03 in another state.

Old 04-17-2002, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

we could also plan it in 03 at sand mtn. nv for an off holiday weekend.

Old 04-17-2002, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

The off holiday weekend makes it that much harder for people to travel to or get off work for. I'm for moving it for '03, if Nevada doesn't want us, we'll take our money elsewere.[imo]

Old 04-17-2002, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

<< The off holiday weekend makes it that much harder for people to travel to or get off work for. I'm for moving it for '03, if Nevada doesn't want us, we'll take our money elsewere.[imo] >>

Knutz,

It's not just Nevada. Dumont &amp; Glamis will not allow permits on holiday weekends either.

Jon

Old 04-17-2002, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

Dumont does allow events on holiday weekends. A jeep club has drags there every Presidents day weekend[Presidents day is the second busiest weekend of the season]. They close off a large portion of the sand, set up timing lights, and advertize. I'm not sure, but I think Quadzillathon was on a holiday weekend as well. If other places didn't allow it, I could understand, but they do.

If we hadn't tried to play by the rules, they wouldn't be watching for us. We could have done this on the large scale it could have been. What upsets me is that I heard the phrase &quot;it would be too hard&quot; about 5-6 times in the conversation that we finally had[after never having recieved an application, I guess it was to hard to mail that]. I guess it would have been easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Sorry we won't all be there to help with your clean up. I do appreciate your help in trying though. I find it inceadable that you told me they were not issueing any permits about a month befor they did.

Old 04-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

OK HERE GOSE KNUTZ my sales pitch GORDONS WELL the largest riding area.the best drag strip' plenty of comp style hills.the sinlge largest parking area around any where. we could all form a circle and never disturbe the rest of the crowds.
besides i have friends that have a massive amount of property right next to the area right on it's borders get it no permits well im not much of a sales man but thats my pitch!!!

PS:We tolerate fat people on fat quads.

Old 04-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have any problem with any location, but for Labor Day weekend, the furthur north the better. Gordon Wells is sort of hot around that time of year, isn't it? My thought is to keep it north and off of the west coast so easterners don't have so far to travel.

Old 04-18-2002, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Knutz, I deffinatly agree with that. That is why I think that Little Sahara UT is a great place as well. For you in Las Vegas isnt it about sixes to either location? I know it takes about five hours, putting, to get to Vegas from Nephi UT(right by LS). For the east coast connection it is about a full day closer than Sand Mtn. I want to go to Sand Mtn really bad to check it all out but there is alot of time in the year and years to come and like said earlier maybe a sneek attack and then ask for forgiveness is what we need to do. I just dont want to see you or anyone else end up shackled because of organized fun. Maybe we should just go get a truckload of Druggs and sell it that weekend. They always seem to conveniently leave those fellers alone LOL!!

Old 04-18-2002, 03:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZSand,

Lets plan another event for that location at a cooler time of year. People go riding more than once a year and I'm sure we can all put up with each other in person if we do it so well on the forums. Something within a couple months either side of december seems good for Glamis/Gordon's Wells.

DemonDS,

You're telling me it takes 5 hours pulling a trailer to get from Vegas to Sand Mountain? If thats true, it seems like my theory on a 10 hour drive from Southern California to LS, UT would be nearly spot on, with a small amount of time in that for stops.

Old 04-18-2002, 10:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WELL OK! guy's i konw your right but when you live here your realy don't notice.
it's actualy been very nice here but! if mother nature gets pissed its cooked ds dudes in yuma.im realy looking forward to giong on a road trip any way.

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend