CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's right. It is going to be at Sand Mountain NV. over Labor Day Weekend.

Come one, Come all. Heavy modded or stock. This is not to see who has the baddest but a get together of a bunch of people that have one thing in common. They own THE baddest quad on sand.

The event was a small one last year put together by Knutz and Jeffinrivercity. Please contact them for more information on this years event. Some things that are trying to be put together are:

Drag Races with classifications
Possibly some prizes from various manufacturers
Bombardier might even be officialy involved
Several companies have already said they are in

Please post any suggestions that you might have and spread the word to all your freinds.

Oh, and yes, the big dogs will be there to show there stuff. Sound fun? It will be!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2002, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

DemonDS, have you heard when everyone is going to arrive to setup? dates? I am assuming it will last a day or two,three?

Old 02-14-2002, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Being a three day weekend, we are going to try to have something in the afternoon the first day, events of some type most of the second, and a little something on the morning of the third day. The plan is in it's infancy, so things aren't exactly scheduled yet, this is just the schedule I've seen that works well, and allows people to travel.

I would like to see the fastest DS in the nation there, so if you think you own it, make your plans early.

On top of just drag racing, I'd like to set up some type of a timed autocross style event as well. Something that rewards rider skill and chassis set up.

My thought on classes are-

Bolt ons; Pipe, Carb, Air Filter, Rev box, no internal motor work

Mod; pistons, cams, bores, stokers, any type of internal motor work goes in this class

Unlimited; Nitrous, turbo, alchohol

I know some people would like to see the Mod class split up, but I don't have a way to measure bore without tearing into a motor, and if prizes are offered, and there is no way to check, people will be less than honest.

My mind is racing about this already. Tell your Bomber buddies, this will be the time and place to be if you own a DS.

Old 02-14-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think anyone has any solid arival times yet, but I want to get out there sometime that friday, which is the 30th of august and I will most likely leave sometime that monday which is the 2nd of september. Monday is actually laborday.

Bat

Old 02-14-2002, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

This is going to be a lot of fun and a great way to meet everyone from atv connection. Diamond G Racing is on board as well as other manufacturers with some great prizes for the winners. Come on people and lets make this THE event to attend.
Bearman

Old 02-14-2002, 02:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm going to mark my calender at work tomarrow. I'm going!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-14-2002, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

wow, this will be awesome. I was one of the ones in camp with jeff and knutz at sand mountain last labor day but last year i had 2 raptor, this year i have 1 raptor and 1 DS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I cant wait, sounds like fun, i have a buddy that just bought a baja too and i will try to get him to come. Sean

Old 02-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a blast, too bad I live in PA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Maybe someday i'll make the 40+ hour drive!

Old 02-14-2002, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

Knutz, What about a stock class.You might be surprised how many people hav'nt modified thier Bombs.I am planning on being there.I'll wait for mor details.ps.What about a best in show.

Old 02-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

A local Bombardier dealer wants to help out,probably set up some group rides one for family,dunes,trail,and big boy runs.....? still planning........
Jeff

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend