CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

k&n sn2550 saga..

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering, has anyone else had trouble ordering this filter/outerwear combo? I have been trying for about 5 weeks to actually get one shipped to my house! I have tried 2 different sources to order this filter/outerwear combo with 2 attempts with each source with no luck! I finally contacted a local k&n dealer, and they are trying to locate one. What ever happened to customer service? I hope that I am not asking too much, but when you place a credit card order you at least expect a phone call or any kind of response, that your order hasn't shipped yet, or that, theres a small problem with your order! Sorry, just had to vent!

aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2002, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Update! Well the local so called "k&n authorized dealer" couldn't seem to find this filter either from their suppliers! So,I called k&n's customer service and told them the troubles that I have had trying to oder this filter. Guess what? they had it stock! So, I odered one directly from k&n. We see what happens...

Old 04-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Butt Don't forget to modify your seat and make sure you have the clearance from the frame. After one ride I had worn a hole in the outerware and dented the filter.

Old 04-02-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry that you had trouble, but I just recieved one of the two filters I sent to you, back today. It has a yellow label on it stating "unclaimed". I appreciate the fact that you did not mention my business, but I wanted to let you know that I tried. I never charged your card, and cancelled your order when I got your message. I've been getting several packages back over the last several months, not sure why though.

Old 04-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

I never recieved any notice of any unclaimed delivery of any kind,from either shipment. I don't really know what happened either. I even had my mail put on hold while we were out of town and had the neighbor check my house daily for any other deliveries to my front door while we were gone to Little Sahara the weekend of march 20-22. I'm not real sure which shipping method you used, us postal service?..not sure, but I have never had any trouble with any of the other major carriers delivering to my house. I'm not blaming anyone, just a little frustrated over something very simple. No problemo...it's all good! At least I didn't have to have my whole quad replaced like theSaint! I hope to order some other "goodies" for my ds from you in the future. Thanks for your concern....

Old 04-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

<< Butt Don't forget to modify your seat and make sure you have the clearance from the frame. After one ride I had worn a hole in the outerware and dented the filter. >>

What mods are needed to the seat? Do you have any pictures of a moded seat?

Old 04-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Don, I am checking with our local post office to see if they have any record of unclaimed, returned deliveries from Knutz Concepts. Also, if you could email me the shipping address that you used for my order, really would be helpful. If the problem is with the US Postal Service, I would definitely like to know why 2 different shipments did not arrive! hmmmmmmm?

Old 04-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, I'd like to know about the seat and frame mods too. Thanks!

Old 04-02-2002, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

There are a couple of ways to mod the seat for filter clearance. One way to go is to shim up the seat by about 3/8&quot; to 1/2&quot; at the contact point of the frame just above where the filter will be. There is a curved section of frame there that the seat rides on. If you make a shim out of hardwood, I used a piece of Oak that I had, or aluminum and attach it to the frame it will give the needed clearance.

The other way, that I have heard about but not seen, is to cut away some material from the bottom of the seat where it contacts the filter. I personally don't like this method because the seat is about $300 and I didn't want to weaken it.

Sorry, no pictures.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't weaken the seat, but cut the frame??? How much frame has to go?
Does a direct mount filter really pull that much more air than a filter in the air box with no lid? With no lid, there is no collapsing of the duct between the box and the carb because no vacuum is created in the box. Does losing the foot of ductwork help enough to &quot;feel&quot; the difference? If so, I'll consider it, but if its only a horse or even less, then I'll stick with the box.

Quick Reply: k&n sn2550 saga..