CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My New Trailer Story - Long one

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3TV:

I hear the Duramax will be put in the Suburban next year. (Heard this from a mechanic for Chevy last weekend.) The Allison transmission is too big to fit in a Tahoe or Yukon according to him. Too bad, I would still like the smaller package. Also, hear what you are saying about the multiple cars. Wife will be driving this and it fits in the garage.

Old 04-26-2002, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Faster,

Congrats on the new rig, I think you'll have a much less stressfull tow, and be able to enjoy the rides more.

Let us know how it does.

Smitty

If you need some Crow recipe's let me know, I've been eating it for almost 40 years and can make it quite palittable now.

Old 04-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Well guys I have worked in the automobile industry on and off for about 8 years now and have lots of experience with trucks and towing and such as that is the way of life here in Wyoming. Get a 2wd truck and your the laughing stock of the community. Deisels are the thing as well.

The Cummins IS by far the most reliable and economical tower, too bad Dodge can't build a truck to put it in that is built worth a crap. Never have been and probably never will, trust me they are built cheap as heck when you start taking one apart.

The GM offering is good, but imho, is still a major P.O.S.. They cant get the wiring right to save their a$$'s. We have them come in alot for electrical problems and switches. The Duramax is strong but is yet to be really proved milage wise. The Alison had alot of probs at first but seems to be worked out now. But yet again, they are cheaply made body wise and interior. The one thing they got right this time was the frame.

Ford is very strong in just about all ways. The Power Stroke has a few problems when it gets some higher miles on it with injectors but that has been only enough to notice but for as many out there as there are I wouldn't worry. The body's are heavy built and the frame is very tuff. I own a Ford and I have worked in all the service garages as a service writer and I currently work in a GM one. I figure if I am going to be in the business I might as well work for one that has too much work than not enough (I am being dead serious, but I hope my boss never see's this). Honestly the reason I drive Ford is because there is alot of Oil companies here and they are very very hard on trucks, guess what they drive? Ford Why? Because after years of owning and trying different trucks they have learned they are the best built trucks out there. They are not perfect by anymeans.

I have a F150 and had a 24' Terry that I used to pull all over the place. I had a egualizer hitch on it and the trailer was wired and had breaks of course. When I went hunting I had the trailer on, full of water 60 gal plus an extra 150 Gal, 15 gal of gas, stuffed full of saddles and tents and food and everything else you could imagine. Then I had a 27 gal propane tank in the bed and 7 100lb Bails of hey. It was one heck of a load but it did just fine. No hurry when going but I didn't damage the truck and even had to pull out another dually that hung his horse trailer up on a stump hidden in the snow. Of course this was with the trailer off but I still had the stuff in the bed which proved favorable for traction and the Locker in the rear end was a big advantage as well. After that trip I was even more sold on the Ford, as well as a few others I was with who now drive Ford's.

Ohh yah, the Excursion is indeed a SUV on a superduty truck. It is a F-350(1-ton) and with the Deisel, is unmatched in towing ability for most trucks yet alone SUV's. It has almost identicle wheelbase as a ext. cab truck, so that is good as well.

Fourlix, That is the exact reason my parents wouldn't let me buy the Bronco they had when I was in school. They said it would be to easy to be with a girl in it. Trust me that didn't stop me. LOL

Sorry for the novel, but I havent read this thread until now and I live, breathe, and die trucks and couldn't resist putting in my .02

Demon

P.S. The new big thing right now as far as batteries go, is the new deep cycle 6 volt batteries wired in series for 12 votlts. It doubles the cappacity and recharge time is half what 2 12 votlts is. Wierd but true. In the land of cold, cold weather, and a state that shuts down for the Elk hunt, these things are topics everyday, everyehere. Hope this helps.

Old 04-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

When I was 17 I had a K-5 Blazer, I took the back seat out and put a mattress in...Good thing I don't have any daughters...Vans always looked real bad pulling up in front of some girl's house for a date, but a truck with a camper shell isn't as menacing looking to a girl's parents.
4wd will get you somewhere you won't be bothered, or interupted. If you are a concerned parent of a dangerously dating young girl, I would reccomend checking the campershell of her date(s) for mattresses, bedding, champagne, etc. Education is the key, don't let 'em get pregnant or let the boys get them pregnant. You can have a hell of a lot of fun without knocking up your date and wrecking nearly everything. I had some girlfriends that I absolutely knew there was no friggin' way I could get pregnant. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out.
I feel sorry for kids today, growing up in this age of killer diseases, and this new morality that killed the sexual revolution. I grew up in the 70's, was a bartender and a rock musician. It was truly amazing who you could end up in bed with...truly amazing.

Old 04-27-2002, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Man did this thread take on a strange twist!!! I am a father of a girl and I guarantee you I'll be checking the boy's campershell for bedding material. I know we can't stop our kids from doing things we wish they wouldn't...but then again, how many of us wouldn't be here if everyone was making the "right decision"? I embarrase my daughter every once in awhile with my short but sincere sermons about boys. It's tough to be who we are knowing who we were...

Fourlix...ya ****!!!

Old 04-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

guilty as charged.

Old 04-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

<< It was truly amazing who you could end up in bed with...truly amazing. >>

You are sort of scaring me with that statement, I hope they were at least all female?
J/K

Old 04-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Well, gee, no, I'm not &quot;That way&quot;, at all. But there were occasions when I would end up in bed with two girls and sometimes a guy friend and a girl. Sometimes it was his girlfriend, wanting a little more,,,sometimes it was just a girl who wanted two guys. But there was always at least one girl.
..But the truly amazing thing was some of the women, older, very respectable women, nurses, teachers, business types, sometimes married.
Women that seemed unapproachable, certainly not slutty types at all, then, in the right situation, bam, off came the clothes, and on went the fun and games. It was the times, and being in the right place at the right time. Lots of my friend's sisters would get me in the right place, make some little hint of their intentions and, bam.
.I hardly ever went on a &quot;date&quot; I'd just pick up a hottie and have sex with her. I never caught anything.
It was a truly amazing time. I could have sex with any girl I wanted, and usually did. A few got away, very few.
I just don't think this kind of thing is happening that much anymore.
Somebody's gettin' some, but it sure isn't like it used to be.
... For you young guys out there. Sorry you missed it. Plenty of guys weren't getting any at all, even the 70's couldn't get some guys laid. So when you see that still hot broad in her 40's or 50's just imagine what she was doing 25 years ago....She may be preaching today, but back then she was on her knees.

Old 04-27-2002, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

I'm gonna start calling you Dirk Diggler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(remember him from that movie Boogie Nights)

At least women are &quot;trimmed up&quot; now. I don't think I could have dealt with the 70's full on hair thing. I bet those chicks looked like they had Buckwheat in a leg lock!
Fourlix in a 3-way!!! Man oh man, if this guy shows up at DS Days watch out!!!

I just hope you were never the &quot;go between&quot; !!!!

Old 04-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Well, well, well, look what we started here. It has changed but if you want to, you can still have it like that. I was married for 5 years and now divorced. I liked being married but I am in no hurry to put the ring on again. The hardest part is I have a dughter now and it is so hard to know what to do, go on with life which would mean move away from her or keep working these podunk jobs and stay here. Man I hate being all grown up sometimes. Women are around but as for here I would like to find one that has as many teeth as I do. That is the very reason I got my DS. When I need to release and I dont have a woman at the time, I take the DS out and just beat the hell out of it and it comes back for more. I am feeling it now but it's raining and hailing out so no riding today.

By the way how long do you think it will be before this one gets locked? hehehehehehehehehehe.

Quick Reply: My New Trailer Story - Long one