CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My New Trailer Story - Long one

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Demon, come on now, there are plenty of nice women around here, but you cant be looking down at the vfw.

Anyway, it is not that bad, I have met many women that if I were not married would be candidates.

But I am sure this thread will not last long.

Bat

Old 04-27-2002, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Ohhh man is that what I have been doing wrong? The VFW just isn't the place for the hotties I guess. Hmm Maybe I will have to check out the Astro!! Seriously Bat, if you know some good women, get me there number, cause I sure the heck cant seem to meet any. I have to have them fly in from Georgia, LOL.

Old 04-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

So, you are importing women. hmmmm

interesting

My wife works with some nice women, I will see what I can do for you.

Bat

Old 04-27-2002, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Back to the trailers..

I have been looking at the 2200FT Weekend Warrior as well. Giant RV quoted me about 24k out the door loaded. Does anyone else have an opinion on good toy haulers?(maybe the extream?) I have a 30ft fifth wheel, it just would be better for a retired couple to live in then me to use on weekends with the kids. I would like to stay under 24ft.. We do a lot of camping in national parks and at least one trip a year to Yosemite. We find 24ft is very good size to get in and out. I have an '02 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 rated at 15,000lbs so I don't think towing should not be an issue.. But if you want to compare Gas milage try 10-11 mpg normal driving, 6-7 with the fifth wheel.. Drops down to 3-4 if I hit a lot of hills .. 1 on the way up them..

Old 04-28-2002, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

A slide-in camper on a pickup, with a utility trailer is the lightest combination that I have found. And the cheapest. Toy Haulers are cool, but too much money, and too much weight for a mobile garage. Most Toy Haulers won't hold more than three quads, and the dimensions don't really seem to have us in mind. They don't fit a lot of quads for their size and weight. Some of them don't fit quads well at all, like the little Tahoe toy Hauler will only hold one quad.
... Loading all the quads behind the rear axles just has to suck when you're pulling it down the road. Weight distribution would be a constant struggle to get it right. And toy haulers weigh 4,000 to 7,000 lbs empty.
....My slide in camper only weighs 1,200 lbs and my utility trailer weighs only 840 lbs. Add three quads, 1,500 lbs, and another 500 lbs in stuff and I have a total payload of only 4,000 lbs. That's 2,000 lbs less than the lightest toy hauler with quads. A bigger better slide-in would only bump it up another 1,000 lbs, and still cost a bunch less dough.
... But then the quads are out in the open, and the living space in a Toy Hauler is vast compared to a slide-in.
....I think Toy Haulers are pretty cool, I just don't think I'd wanna marry one. But I then I've pretty much established that I'll try anything,,twice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

AZ, I have been looking really hard at toy haulers and my decision is down to two. The weekend warrior or the desert fox.

The weekend warrior I think has a little better setup and better overall construction. I have looked at every brand I could and the weekend warrior seems to be the top choice.

I talked to giant rv also and they quoted me 23,800 for a fully loaded 2600fs.

I really dont want to spend that much, but I also want to only do this once. I dont want to buy one and then need something bigger in two years.

Most the brands out there that are slightly less money are much less quality. I am looking into maybe getting the 3000fs. It is only about 500 more pounds then the 2600 and has that extra 4 feet of cargo area. But that is a long rv.

I would prefer something shorter, but I want to be able to get 4 quads into it. And I am not sure if I would like the tip out bedroom when the wind comes up.

Sorry, kind of thinking out loud.......

Bat

Old 04-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 3tv, I was ardel brown last weekend and looked at a 2600fs I really like it.

It was sold, but they have more coming in a couple of weeks. Anyway, I am going to be in slc again next weekend and looking some more. We looked at tahoe, wildwood, desert fox, weekend warrior, alfa, aljo, and I think a couple of other models and the weekend warrior was the best all around for us I think. The alfa and aljo were very nice, but the alfa was a fifth wheel and had the separate garage thing that was nice, but not large enough and also very very expensive.

Anyway, I had one question for you. When you put all four quads in your trailer, do you have to have one up front in the kitchen area, or do they all fit on the cargo area floor. I did not notice any tie downs way up front in the kitchen area. If I could fit four in the 2600 that would be my choice most likely.

Thanks for the info.

Bat

Old 04-28-2002, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think we decided on the 2200FT, the cargo area is 15'2, so I am very interested to know if you can load all four quads in the 2600FS, because the cargo area is the same. I have talked to giant RV in the past, and I am hopeing they deliver to AZ, otherwise I have to go pick it up. We have our annual Yosemite trip the first week of july so I need it by then. These look great, and with the optional "ramp room" the kids will have a graet place to play! A 22 ft traler that will give us the same room as a 32ft, and sleep a lot more people.. Not to mention the added bonus of taking my toys.. The quads, Harley, or Rally car.. yipeee!!

Old 04-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the info 3tv.

I have been going back and forth on the different sizes and debating our needs. Your comments are about what I figured, I was estimating being able to fit 3 full size quads on the cargo area floor in the 2600.

I already have a small flatbed trailer that I have been using and it is great for the day trips and that is what I took to dumont and it worked flawlessly. But with the unpredicatble weather, it sucked to be in a tent. That is when I started looking at toy haulers. I actually thought about getting a 24' cargo trailer and setting up air mattresses in it and using that like a camper. But, with out the shower and toilet and holding tanks it just did not seem worth it.

Well, I am thinking out loud again.

One more question, does the weekend warrior have shocks, I cant seem to find that in the info that I have. The desert fox comes with the shocks and it seems like that would be a good idea.

Thanks
Bat

Old 04-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

<< No shocks on a Weekend Warrior, and it doesn't seem to need them either. Kind of hard to get 11,000 lbs. bouncing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. >>

If this trailer's a rockin don't come a knockin...........

lol

Thanks for the info
Bat

Quick Reply: My New Trailer Story - Long one