CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What Problems have with your DS or Baja

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2002 Baja and have yet to incure any major problem with mt quad. I have had it back to the dealer before the warranty ran out for some minor things like the chain roller was getting loud, the right grip had a tear in it. I do have a couple of anoying little problems such as the tail light keeps on burning out. I have tried to mount this on rubber and it still shorts the bulb. And I also seem to think that the amount of chain noise is more than it should be!?? Any of you guys had the same problems or other let me know, I would like to know what to expect!

Thanks

Old 05-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

The only problem that I've had with my '01 DS to date is not getting enough time to ride it. Work is good, but somehow bad.... I have to ponder now..... Really though, I installed a DG swingarm skid plate and the chain was doing a little bump n' grind on that, but my buddy and I bent the front of the plate down and the problem is solved. Don't sweat the little things, just ride her like you stole her & enjoy.

Old 05-03-2002, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

I have had mine for three months and the light in the tach and the neutral indicator went out.

Old 05-03-2002, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your chain needs to be adjusted. They make alot of noise when they get just a little looser then spec. I just live with it...but then I have a yosh pipe so I dont hear much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2002, 12:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The only problem in a year and a half is the Tail light keeps burning out, Brake light has NEVER burned out, but the tail is ALWAYS the culprat. Other than that NO problems, Oh! besides a few chain rollers, but i have put a Roller-skate wheel in place of it now.(problem fixed).

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

My stock cdi box went bad, but that was a warranty fix. Everyone I talk to claims that I'm the first one they've heard of with that problem though, so mine was probably just a fluke.

Old 05-04-2002, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

problems:
- bad weld on swingarm - warranty supplied me a new one.
- chain roller died in no time, replaced with bearinged roller from TM Designworks
- Electric fan died - need to replace with rubber mounting like new models
- Tail light bulb dies too often - need to go with an LED

Other than that, bike has had no serious issues, around 80 hours it now...

Oh, one more thing - the stock clutch springs cannot handle speed shifting in drags races while wearing 10 paddle haulers - gotta get Pami springs. No fault of Bomb though, I've added horsepower and traction beyond stock...common with a lot of bikes.

Old 05-05-2002, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

My DS has only one problem, it's not a 2002 baja. OK the chainroller was going so I went aftermarket. I run my chain alittle tighter than spec'd in the manual or it makes alot of slapping noise.

Old 05-06-2002, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Raptorkiller - You probably know this, but just in case I want to make sure - preload adjustment is a little trickier on the DS than others. We all know that we want around 4 inches of sag when we get on, but what is less realized is that you can tighten preload quite a bit and raise the height of the rear over an inch with very little effect on sag. Doing this gets the chain farther from the roller, making it harder for the chain to get on it, increasing its life, and cutting down on the amount of noise you get from aftermarket bearinged rollers (they wiz). The factory preload setting gave me 4 inches of sag, I tightened preload quite a bit to help stay off of the roller which raised the rear considerably, and still have 3.75 inches of sag.
I use a TM Designworks roller...held up so far for the last 60 hours...

Old 05-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Fan. and the stock Ryde FX shocks suck. and I don't like my DG nerfs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What Problems have with your DS or Baja