CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clutch slipping on NOS....Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my second clutch both fibers and steels from Bomb. The first I toasted from misuse and abuse. I got the heavy duty springs from Ron Woods. Before the NOS it was great, except for the hulk grip needed to pull it all day. With knobbies on dirt/sand no sign of clutch slip is evedent. I went to Silver Lake and ran the 20 HP boost and it began to slip in third on up. I have read somewhere on here that Barnette (sp?) doesn't make a direct replacement but there is a kit that fits...more info would help!!

Also, anyone had both Pambi vs Woods springs, would it pay to switch?

Finally, is there a kit for a hydrolic (sp?) clutch for our quad yet?

Ps: Thanks Majorecho for your help hooking up the NOS, it was fun even with the 15 HP boost. Did you have a "problem" with keeping the front end down.

Old 06-09-2002, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

with 25 shot the front end was a lot harder to keep down even when sitting on the tank but that was half the fun - when it hit you'd better be holding on. I never had any slipage with the Pami springs and from everything I've read and heard they are superior to the woods clutch springs.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

AMAN pami springs work much better than the ron woods but they are even stiffer yet but you guys tell me where you come up with a 20-25 hp shot figure i hear people say thia all the time and dont under stand how they come up with that
the only way i can tell my hp increase is to dyno and the nozel tip never coinsdes with my hp increase.

ps ive heard there is a barnetts set but you have to do some filing to get them to work go figure.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

Azsand, The NX Express kit that I and Majorecho refer to has a jet kit that gives you Hp figures in relation to the jets you put in the system. I am not that interested myself if the numbers are accurate or not, so I go with what they say. Do you have a bottle heater? If not this may account for your actual Hp numbers not correlating with the advertised claimed numbers.

Old 06-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

YES i have a blanket,liquid filled presure guage, regulator,lazer thermo unit and coustome tank nozzels. but is that how nx rates there nozzles? see i use nos system and they just say 21,22,23, on the nozzle size not hp blast thats all im saying.

Old 06-11-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

They have the same setup that I have(the good one![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]they give you the size nozzle and the hp est.By the way your kids blanket doesn't count as a bottle blanket![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

thats what i was asking its just a an estimate because i didn't think with all the gama of changes that it was posible to call the no's like that and yes i was impressed with the nitrous express system but when i talked to the guy from nitrous express he talked so bad about nos systems he turned me off to his system.hey i still need to get your large bottle to you blackds.and don't make fun of my snoopy heater blanket.wait a minute thats why the guy was laughing as he walked away with my 150 bucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]