CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Directions for Ct Shrouds?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my shrouds in today from ct. They didn't come with any directions for installation. Can some walk me through it and give me some hints on how to make it go smooth? I wrote them cause the phones were busy so i will try them again tomorrow.

Old 07-02-2002, 03:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's fairly simple, the stock bolts won't work though. So pull out one of the stock bolts holding the radiator screen on, go to the store and get some new ones about 1/4" or so longer. Be sure they are stainless, and I had much better luck using allen headed bolts on the lower mounts. Be sure to buy plenty of washers - there is almost no tolerance for a bolt that is too long, so you'll have to add washers to make sure your bolt doesn't go through your radiator. I added some rubber padding to go between the shroud itself and the radiator to ensure it didn't work a hole into that $400+ radiator. (Yeah, this takes away from the cooling aspect, but if the radiator gets messed up, the added cooling it gave you is nothing.) I also added a little pad between the plastic and the shroud where it meets. Do the easy side first, without the coolant bottle. I can't remember anything else about the install that wasn't just 'eyeballing' the situation. Having the bolts, washers, etc on hand will make your install a lot easier, mine took a couple of days as I figured out what I needed, making stops at the hardware store on the way home from work.

If you need any pictures or anything email me and I can try to get you some, but I'm moving this weekend so that may cause some lag unless you email me at my work address. colson@cru-online.com