CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mountain Stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow a bunch of fast ds huh...thats funny. and send me one of those pics w/ those 17 mack trucks all lined up! man i bet that was a sight!!!!! how did u get them all in the same pic???

demonDS...when are we going round 2 ??? rock springs, walden??? and bring that freak w/ u that flys dumbo around! LOL and the next time better not be 4 stroke wars. maybe u will get lucky and catch me before i get my "stuff" done!!!! oh yea count me in for the next DS days!!!!

oh and wyo sorry i didn't make it out this weekend. a few things came up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Demon, I can post your pictures as well on my site. tharthun@swbell.net

Old 09-02-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff has some pics posted on the other forum.
Maybe someone can add the link.

I will post pics and some vids. over the course of the week,

I too had a great time. Only wished the Pig was healthy. (Bad plug Wire}

When it ran though I was doing a good job hanging with Don and the Raptor dude. Never got to race Jeff or AZSAND.

Curtis, I believe it WAS the wire causing All my probs. It stripped out again!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

this is "raptor boy" or "raptor dude" whichever you prefer to call me.
i would just like to say that the ds guys are a good group to hang out with and would like to congratulate them with how fast they make those tanks move up the hill. i think its safe to say that most of them put out more power than mine but do to other factors, cant keep up. and if jeff can ever get a wheels up launch, lookout cause ain't nothin gonna catch him. hopefully the next time we race i will be able to run faster up the hill, but i guess its ok for now. see you guys next time.

Old 09-03-2002, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor boy- you da man! thanks for tearing your bike apart and bringing it over to our camp. You are welcome any time, hope to see you next year or at 4- stroke wars. Thanks for all your info[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Dude you can really launch that thing - you impressed us all, and remember we made you an HONORARY bomb member, you've got more class than most.

Al- get you some new wires man and put that problem to bed!

I had a great time, met some really nice folks and look forward to doing it over again soon.
later

Old 09-03-2002, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Well most of my pics are simular to Jeffs on the other site. If someone who knows how will put up a link to it you all could see them. I added a few too.

For such a big gathering, I cant beleive more aren't piping up and telling stories. I just skimmed the surface!!

Old 09-03-2002, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, I'll add my $.02 Mr Magoo (hope you got the glasses fixed ok.)

Had a good time riding and meeting everyone. Sand45 had a great set-up. Thanks again for the chain.

I probably had the slowest hill shooter out there. Jeff told me I had to change my login to something without Faster in it. So, here it is. At least my trailer got to camp the quickest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Yes, Weekend Warriors' can Dune Too.

OregonDS was good to meet you and your friends. These guys are a crack up.

For how many quads we had there, it was amazing to me how different our modifications were. And yes, Disturbed we had to get a U2 from Fallon Naval Air Station to get up to the stratusphere to get all the quads in one shot.

The guys from Utah get the award for what I saw as the best menu, they must be used to eating steak dinners that Raptor owners have to buy after losing races with them. Good looking quads from those guys too.

One of the best shots I have seen was the jump Matt (?) took over Jeff as he was video taping (nice skid plates) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will post the pictures I took next week.

-DuneMe(Formerly, TheFasterTheBetter)

Old 09-03-2002, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

HEHE, yes i saw that u did get into camp very fast, didnt want me to pull you out again? hehe. Oh ya, DSaholic, demonds, and majorecho got stuck at 1am and came and woke me up and i had to pull them out, dammit, i should have just left them there, hehe. Sean

Old 09-03-2002, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, hey was up! Yeah I had a pretty good time up there also. Angry's Baja ain't angry anymore, it's down right Pissed Off! it would seem there are some mods in order for the old girl. As for the campfire stories I will have to apologize for that, I wasn't feeling all that well Saturday night. I know you boy's wanted to her some of my Hollywood folklore and I apologize for that, but don't fret, next time I should have a whole new batch of stories for you. Everyone was very nice and Friendly and extremely helpful. I would like to extend a personal thanks to JSDS and his wife Kim for there hospitality and also the use of there Microwave! You spend 27K on a trailer and you would at least think the microwave would work! Sand45 we need to talk real soon! And it was especially nice to see my Utah bretheren once again, I am still a little dispondent that DSDude couldnt make it, I really would have like to see his NOS in action. Take care boys, Oh and were are all the pics and videos at?

Old 09-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Range Rover

I had a great time.I was realy impressed by all the different ideas every one came up with for thier bikes.Finally meeting everyone was great.Our ride out back was great. I was bringing up the rear and watched everybody's jaw drop when we all went by.It sounded like a B-52 Bomber when we all came around the hill together LOL. Thanks to everyone that was there and I am looking forward to next year.PS if you ever want to come to Oregon drop me a line.I drove 14 hours each way and it was worth every minute. THANKS>> Dave&Debi

Quick Reply: Sand Mountain Stories