CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mountain Stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I know some of the people will be coming in tonight. Lets hear the stories!!! I am dying to here and see some pic's from this weekend.

It kinda sucks around here on these big weekends!!!!! Can we say JEALOUSY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

James

Old 09-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I guess since i was the first one there i am the first one home too. lol. It was a great weekend, a tad on the hot side and we had hurricane force winds friday night, lol. Hmmm, i think we had a total of 18 DS's in our group and they looked awesome when we lined them all up and took pics. Everybody was great to meet that i hadnt met before. AZSAND was purposely trying to blow up his motor and i dont think he suceeded in it since he was able to drive it up onto the trailer. There were a couple fast raptors out there but jeff beat them, so the DS's were the kings of the 4 strokes this weekend. Well i am out for now, gotta unpack and get all the sand out of everything, haha. Sean

Old 09-02-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

My worthless not related post here. Saw a DS w/ GSXR750 motor at Utah's Sand Mtn and a Raptor pulling 4th gear up the FACE, big bore to say the least. Left my camcorder on and my battery was dead. Wanted to get them for you DS guys. Anyway, my worthless comment....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Well there are lots of other good stories but i thought i would let the other guys say some. Lets just say i pulled out a bunch of stuck people [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well were back. Man what a good time and yes that lineup was an awesome sight. If anyone is willing to put up some pics let me know and I will e-mail some to you. There are 17 quads lined up, I think, and only 1 from our group was not in our picture since he left early, ddrecds, I think thats the right way the name is? There was alot of really hard riding going on and NOONE from our group was hurt!!! There was one guy lifeflighted on Saturday.

One highlight was when Jetsnow(Ford Powerstroke F-250) and DSaholic(Ford F-250 V-10) went and pulled out a Deisel Pusher Motorhome burried about 4 feet deep in the sand. They had been working on it for two hours previously and had moved it 5 feet(so were told) before they got there. Along with another Ford Bronco with paddles the Beast came right out of the hole. WHAT A SIGHT!!! Chalk one up for Ford on that one.

As for the performance of the quads....welll I think the cookie goes to SAND45!!! That quad hauled a$$!! Jeff was faster and AZsand was also very fast as expected but I didn't expect the performance that that quad put out. For those of you that havent scene AZsands pipes, your in for a treat. My jaw hit the sand for sure. DSaholic put on a awesome air show on Sunday along with a few bike riders. I have a video of the double jump of that. DS650stage1 has some competition for sure!! Jeff's quad was king of the four strokes but there was a Raptor, we call him Raptor Boy hehe, that was all to close for comfort. Get this though, the guy was very very cool, We made him an official bomb member LOL. Those cool Raptor guys are rare breed. As for the lieing, drunk, creep, he can go to hell!!(had to be there)

Thank you to everyone there, Yet again, everyone there was way cool and very mature making for a great trip. It was a pleasure meeting all of you that I hadn't met before. As for next year we definatly need to get DS Days on the drawing board. Those who didn't come trully missed out one the greatest DS gathering to date period. Next year I wont be one of the slowest DS's there...thanks to AZSAND(YOU-D-MAN!!)...that sure did suck, I wasnt used to being beat that many times.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Demon sounds like you guys had alot of fun!!! I would like to see some of those pics if you wouldn't mind emailing them to me. My email address is Rydeordiev2@msn.com

Old 09-02-2002, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

I would be happy to send them to ya but I am hoping someone who has a sight will pipe up and I can send them to them for all to see so I am not emailing 500 times LOL. I dont have them all sorted out yet and stuff either. If ya dont mind, lets give it a few days then we'll see what's up. If that doesn't happen count on a e-mail, cool?

Old 09-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

DemonDS, good report. If you need the pics hosted I can do that for you. Let me know.

Old 09-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, I had a great time racing ,riding,and watching. All i can say is the DS crowd is by far the best around![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DemonDS & anyone else with pics email me the pics and I'll post em all. Even some video space too now that I have 200MB of webspace. email to: BlackHawk@DS650.net

Quick Reply: Sand Mountain Stories