CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Airplane fuel in a ds is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002 | 11:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HEY bartlett as i recall when i frist met you you were confused LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

PS hows it going!

Old 09-27-2002 | 11:29 AM
Range Rover

for the guy that started this post, i run 100 low lead in my banshee and my friend runs it in his bomb. i have ran it for 4 years he has ran it for 2 years no problums.
any one that tells you they are running jp4 or jp8 is prob. not i have seen two quads run that one i could not even tell what he had done the other had a turbin engin.
AZSAND whats up you have had some really good post in the past now you get some good info. thats kind of fixes something you said and you start acting like everyone eles on here, dont do that there is only a few of us that are not like that left on here.

Old 09-27-2002 | 11:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

OK im Sorry it just sounded a little condasending to me and i may have gotten out of hand a little. i had alredy explained the jp4 thing if you notice it was a typo and i just did not read it and posted it and it normaly takes as much editing as typing before i post!but i refuse to correct it now!!! THANKS for the spanking i need those once in awhile![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2002 | 01:51 AM
Ang
Range Rover

AZsand Let me apologize I did not realize it was a typo "SORRY" please I am sincere.
Lead was discontued because of polutants and physical health hazards. We still made 100 LL until around 93 or 94 (Shell). I know it will mess up a catylitic converter but as I said before it will not harm any engine. I honestly do not understand what you want to know? Its a good thing in the old days it increased octane, now we used toluene to offset the loss.
No hard feelings, really
I want to take a trip to the glamis dunes that I have heard so much about. Been to Silver Lake "loved it" used to live in Dyer In. When I had a banshee I dealt with Mike in Hobart Who owns the Yamaha shop there. If you know him tell him "HI" from Scott Angleton.

Old 09-28-2002 | 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Ang,

I am very good freinds with Mike at Cycle Sport. I will give him your hello when I see him in the next couple of days.

Regarding my question on leaded vs. unleaded. It seems that some specialty fuel companies prefer leaded and some unleaded, both of course being race fuels. I have been running leaded race fuel for sometime now and I know when I tore my motor down, it was extremely clean looking with minimal carbon build-up.

I guess what I am looking for is if there is any benefit to running leaded over unleaded or vise-versus? Cost is the same, octane ratings are the same, what is different besides lead count? Any benfefits or drawbacks to either? Being used on today's motors.

Thanks for the 101 class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2002 | 02:24 AM
Ang
Range Rover

In our application there is no detriment from leaded fuel.
Thats so cool you know Mike, He sold my banshee for me when I thought I gave up riding. I still come up for work now and then if the shop is still in the same place warn him I "will" drop by
P.S. tell him I own a built bomber on N2O and a 500 scrambler for fun.
he never could talk me in to a sled
Thanks, Scott

Old 09-28-2002 | 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Scott!

You got it, I'll tell Mike you might be popping in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Small world isn't it?

Old 09-28-2002 | 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

If you want a boost, ad nitrous propane to high test gas. If you want more inject it through dial-a-jets from thunder products. Some of the racing snowobiles are using it. We use it on our pulling prairie 650, works well.

Old 09-28-2002 | 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

nitrous propane? That is a new one for me, what is it? is it used in cold cliamates only? How does it work, nitrous is the carrier for oxygen in NOX and does not really bring anything to the party, does propane add hp to a gas engine? I know of some using it w/ desiel fule.
I am not trying to be an a@@ I am really curious, sorry if it sounds that way.

Old 09-30-2002 | 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

It is an additive to gas, like an octane boost, but instead of octane it adds nitrous, which is extra oxygent. If you use it with dial-a-jets you will be adding extra oxgent, (by way of the nitrous) and extra gas by way of the dial-a-jets. the propane isn't the propane you would think of in your grill, it is a stabilizer.

It is made by klotz, you can order it from you auto parts store by the name NITROUS, it's about $12 a pint, 4 oz. to a gal to start with, go up from there.