CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

can't get DS650 ro run

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't get DS650 ro run

I just rebuilt my DS and put a high compression piston in it. I got it all back together and now iI can't get it to start. I'm pretty sure I got it timed right. When I crank it over and put my hand over the exhaust it is sucking air in throught it, it blows out too, but still sucks in. What do I do?

Old 10-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

See if Yamaha will take it in trade on a new Raptor! I doubt it but it's worth a shot!

Nocando

Old 10-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Double checkyour cam timing. MAke sure you have the piston at Top dead center. Do you have a Manual? If not yu better get one fast. There is a hole at the bottom of the engine at the clutch side that if you take out the bolt you can stick another bolt or a screw into it and it will hold the Crankshaft at TDC. That is important that you do that. Next, both camshafts need the lobe points to be facing outwards away from each other. Line up the marks with the cams facing directly out from each other. It sounds like you have a cam that is out of timing. And the guy with the smart *** remark about the buying a craptor?! You should just ignore that. Were here to help each other not poke fun when someone needs help. Besides after you get that running right you would be smokin his craptor butt anyway.

Old 10-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

are you getting spark? did you turn the gas back on? what else is it doing?

Old 10-20-2002, 11:10 PM
Ang
Range Rover

Angry is completely right "even about the yamaha" especially about the Manual. I am sorry but I think the marks need to face one another on the sprockets I could be wrong my man. is at the shop but I think I am right

Old 10-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have spark and fuel and it doesn't fire right up I'd bet your timing isn't right. Your not far from me at all I can hop over to Milford and give you a hand if you need it. You might want to rethink that signature, you won't make many friends here with that.

Old 10-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

check ur timing again.
Tate

Old 10-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree about the timing. Before you jump on RaptorRider you should see the post your old DS buddy with the troubles posted in the Yammy forum. It wasn't very cool either, I say he got what he deserves, about the comment not the engine problems.

Old 10-21-2002, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

You guys really like to stir up the pot don't you?! You know I don't go into your forum and start trash talking about the Yammy's. Do you know why? Because, WHO Cares?! And for us DS owners, stay out of the Yammy forums. Unless you really need the trash talk to make your life complete? Besides the Raptor owners only like to start crap because they have nothing better to do, because they all know that if you line up a stock Rappy with a Stock DS the Ds wins every time! And if they want to bash me on this then lets say that if a DS weighed the same as your Raptors then You all knlow you guy's wouldn't have a Snowballs chance in hell! There, that is all the trash talking I can muster, and look I did it in my OWN Forum!

Old 10-21-2002, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I agree. Its pointless to trash talk. I rather just go out and race to prove what my quad can do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: can't get DS650 ro run