CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What do you guys do in the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002 | 07:53 PM
Range Rover
Default What do you guys do in the winter?

lilnotts, I can't wait to see what it looks like. Are you going to use the Realtors in the snow?

Old 11-05-2002 | 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

crash, ya thats wat i'm going to do, wen i bought my ds in july it had the realtors on it but it was extremely dry around here n they were startin to wear so i bought the excavators and i got them for a pretty good deal 2, then i bought anextra set of rims so i can switch my tires as soon as the snow flys, sometime i was thinking of putting my realtors on the front n the excavators on the back just foolin around though, but i think i'd have 2 take the front caliper off, but i'm going 2 do that anyways wen i put the skis on so i'll do it then, n i'll take some pictures of the ds, i think that'd look pretty cool wit 4 big tires

Old 11-05-2002 | 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

we ride year around here, we make our normal monthly trip to little sahara, be it rain, sleet, hell, or snow

Old 11-06-2002 | 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys, i got the pictures of my ski and if you wanna see them go here , and its my 200th post which makes me a Range Rover, YA! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehe

Old 11-06-2002 | 11:52 PM
Air
Pro Rider

The best time to ride the dunes is in the winter.

Old 11-06-2002 | 11:58 PM
Range Rover

lilnotts, That looks pretty slick. What is involved to put the skis on? Is it pretty simple? I'm looking into fabricating my own. I looked at some companies that make ski/track kits and they just cost too much. I was quoted $2,000 US, for that price I'de rather spend that on a sled.

Old 11-07-2002 | 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

crash, it may be difficult, it kinda depends on your skills, like you would need to weld, bend solid round steel, grind, drill, maybe some machine work on a lathe, but thats only for the brass parts which aren't essencial but are there so if it wears you can just replace the brass piece instead of tryin 2 fix the steel, for the ski itself i would just buy regualar snowmobile skis with mounts, i think mine are really for mid 90s formula but if my choice i'd buy bombardier flex skis, and make sure you get the small rubber piece that goes in the ski mount so wen u do a wheelie the doesn't drop down like mine does, i have to buy that piece before it snows, i didn't make this myself so i can't actually tell u how hard it was, this came with the quad from the quad i bought it from,
Who quoted you $2000US for the kit, i'm waitin for that one website to be up and running so i can get more info, when i talked to the guy at the snowmobile show he said 1500 for the tracks and 750 for the skis, i think thats in canadian funds but i'm not 100% sure

Old 11-08-2002 | 05:50 PM
Range Rover

lilnotts, I'm just going to copy and paste the replies I got back from two different companies.

Thanks for your interest in our products. We indeed manufacture a track
system for ATVs. Our kit for the DS 650 will be ready by the end of the
month. I am sending you the brochure. The Web Site (www.atvtrack.com)
will be online by the middle of next week so make sure to check back.
The retail price in USA is $1819.99 for 2 tracks and 2 skis. You also
have to buy the installation kits so you can count approximatively
$2000.

Don't hesitate to contect me for any further info.

Regards,

Vincent B. Melanson
Sales & Marketing Director
AD Boivin Design inc.
(418)838-3783
www.adboivin.com

Thank you for your inquiry about our Sno-Traxx conversion kits. We do have future plans for the Bombardier DS 650 however, they are still in the R&D status.

At this time we are still in the process of developing the manufacturing process and making revisions to our designs that will allow us to produce units at an increased volume to meet the large demand that we have experienced for our Sno-Traxx.

We are unsure what the final price will be when all of the change overs for the manufacturing are completed, but we know that it will not exceed the price we charged when we were building the units by hand. That price was $2,495 plus shipping and handling.

Please continue to check our web page for further updates.

Again, we appreciate your interest in our Sno-Traxx.

Sincerely,

Doris Mack
Customer Service
SCI

Old 11-08-2002 | 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

up until this winter i would trade for a new sled every year,we would ride about 2500-3000 miles a year in southern wisconsin and northern wisconsin and the upper mich,but it got so bad the last few winters (lack of snow) that i gave it up!! last winter it was jan 25 and stil no ridable snow anywhere in wisconsin or mich. so screw it sold my polaris 800 spx with 3 miles on it and took up ice racing atv's on lake wisconsin every sunday. it's a blast and we ride the frozen lake between races (1500 ice studs in our tires) and my kids can ride there mini quads with us.

Old 11-10-2002 | 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

crash, i'm going to look into the price just for the tracks, you could probably make the ski mounts yourself and buy snowmobile ski, i think mine looks alot better than theirs,

Quick Reply: What do you guys do in the winter?