CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone for Glamis this weekend? How about Dumont?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone for Glamis this weekend? How about Dumont?

Planning a trip to Glamis this weekend if anyone interested, or may have to change to Dumont. Just waiting to here from DSDude on whether he is going this weekend or not.

Old 11-05-2002, 03:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's too early in the week for me to tell, but I might try to make it. If you make a trip, when do you usually leave from the home area & when do you leave to go home from the riding area?

Old 11-05-2002, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Wish I could go, but got too much work to do on the house

Old 11-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

We usually leave early Saturday morning and come back Sunda afternoon around 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. Usually back by 8:30 at the latest.

Old 11-06-2002, 01:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What do you consider leaving early Saturday morning, 6, 7, 8am? What is the drive time to Glamis vs. Dumont? My previous riding plans were canceled for this weekend so I might be up for something. When I lived in Orange County I was used to trips where I got back that late but I haven't done that sort of thing in a while so I'd have to psych myself up for that. As I recall getting to Glamis is the same as going to Ocotillo Wells SVRA, just 45 minutes farther which would put it out about 4.5-5.0 hours driving from here, or do you know a 'faster' way there?

Did you ever hear from DSDude? Do you know where you're going yet?

Old 11-06-2002, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Dumont is a little closer than Glamis but it looks like we are doing glamis this weekend as for right now. By early, I mean about a 4:00 or 4:30 leave time from here. It takes about 5 hrs to get to Glamis from my house.

Old 11-06-2002, 03:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do you work in the construction industry? I haven't seen people from many other industries that like to get up and get started so early. When I was in that industry, it seemed like every day, they wanted me there an extra 30 minutes earlier, and then work till 4, 5, or 6:00pm. I'm not so sure I could make a 4:00 or 4:30 start, manybe we can think something else up as the week progresses.

Old 11-06-2002, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

No I am in the movie industry! I am a Local 399 Teamster Studio transportaion driver. It is we just like to get an early start because I have to stop in Fullerton and pick up DSDude and it just takes some time. We can talk about it if you like.

Old 11-06-2002, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey the Teamsters, thats kinda amusing in a round-about sort of way. When I was in construction, I drove a water truck (a big rig that had several thousand gallon tank strapped to the back, so that you can add water to the dirt as they make the foundation of a building or road) and I'd worked with several Teamster drivers since that is the union who handles the non Owner-Operator water truck drivers. Wow, now I feel like I'm only five degrees from Kevin Bacon. (You've heard of that joke/saying/whatever six degrees from Kevin Bacon?)

How long does it take you to pick up DSDude in Fullerton? What time are you generally pulling out of fullerton if you leave your house at 4:00-4:30?

Old 11-07-2002, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

I usually get to his place around 5:00 or 5:30 get out around 6:00, puts us in galmis around 10:00 a.m. I will have all the answers Thursday night for this weekend. Stand By.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Anyone for Glamis this weekend? How about Dumont?