CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I almost forgot what it's like!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I almost forgot what it's like!

Wow, a lawyer, motorhead, engineer, world traveler, and sensitive to boot. Imagine that. Wisconsin for school, then Florida, then Korea. What's next Afganistan. This guy has many talents.

Like I said, I could be wrong and if so I'll humblely appologize.

But for now, I got to go. You see I just went fishing, and I caught a big one so it's time to eat.

Old 12-25-2002, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Well Im not sure but my learning tells that a circular crank will have equal stroke at the top and bottom of the stroke. Unless it is oval that is another story. I also believe that if the cylinder allows you can stroke the crank using the stock piston, but using an offsetting copper base gasket to raise said cylinder and them take a clay model of the piston and valve to check your clearence. That is just theory though. Just a big air pump

Old 12-25-2002, 12:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

918taxi- I agree with you. I thought he was a little pompus a$$ on the statement that only a few on here could afford to do what he had done. LOL I have seen my share of forum members with there 75k and higher trucks and trailers.

Old 12-25-2002, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well im not making my point and i tired of playing so with limited education alls i can say is MY BIKES FASTER THAN YOUR BIKE MY BIKES FASTER THAN YOUR BIKE !!!! LOL and moving on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

AZSAND, We'll see, Won't we???????? lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

LOL @ AZSand

14, Yeah comments like that just turned me off. I couldn't believe a newbie would be saying things like that. Besides if he was legit, I think he was acting like an a$$hole and I'm glad he's gone.

Old 12-25-2002, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

I thought my stopping posting would just end the insults, and I could just return to reading the threads as I had enjoyed for some time now. Instead, I learn that it just gets worse, and that it's coming from some people that seem to have a hard time following along with what is typed.

What in the world did I do to warrent such a rude attitude? I understood that what I posted in the Yamaha forum was not exactly what some people wanted to here, but it was done to try to help. I thought I would start over in the Bombardier forum, and went out of my way not to disagree with anyone. I never said, despite what some people seem to thing, that I spent $100,000 on my quad. I also never said that I was an engineer. I'm not a lawyer, yet, but will be one of these days. I never claimed to be faster than anyone. I never boasted that no one could afford to duplicate what I have built. The fact does remain that FEW people could, or would for that matter, spend the time or money to do it. One of a kind, CNC machined, billet; crank, cylinder, head, cams, and a hand full of other assorted small parts would run into a small fortune if developement costs and programing had to be paid for. I had friends that did the hard part for me, because they enjoyed it and had access to everything needed but the CNC machines. All I had to pay for these parts was material and a moderate hourly fee for a local prototyping shop to machine them. So I'm an a$$hole because I don't think that MANY people could afford to do this, or have the connections that I had.

Are you folks that exclusive that you don't believe that anyone not on the forums for a long time could have something nice? I started this thread to let you all know that it was nice being able to talk with fellow enthuiasts. Well, that changed quickly. My e-mail address is monitored by my superiors, so I created these log ons under an old friends e-mail address. In the first day, that became a problem. To prevent her from being loaded with e-mails from this forum, I found it better to hide the profile. I never realized that that would be construed as some type of threat. Are some of you really that paranoid?

I'll continue to read, as I have for some time. I guess I'll keep this log on, maybe I was too quick to cut the tie the first time. I certainly won't offer advice or talk about the build up or performance or my quad, since it seems it could never be as nice as anything long time members have. I guess I also "forgot what it's like" to talk with teenage mentalities as well. {I have the right to that comment after being called an a$$hole!}

By the way-
918: Some people do actually travel. You never even noticed all of the places I mentioned here on the forums. It's a big world out here, and it seems as you would never believe if I listed everywere.
AZSand: your opinion of what a "stroker" is is seriously flawed. Rod length and pin location actually have nothing to do with the stroke of a motor, but are critical in building a proper "stroker". The stroke is entirely detirmined by the crank.

Old 12-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Wicked- I wish you the best. I stand by my statements though. Go to glamis and check out the money that is dropped in quads, trucks and trailers. Or any other riding area. I have met lots of these forum members and quite a few drop big $$$ in there toys.

Old 12-25-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Well I still would like to ride. I will be at my timeshare in Florida later this year I hope to hook up with you!

Quick Reply: I almost forgot what it's like!