CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I almost forgot what it's like!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I almost forgot what it's like!

I guess that it comes down to that you consider MANY people, and what you would call alot of money. I've never met any of you, but I have read alot about you. From what I can figure, maybe 10 of the members that I have read about might be able to fund such a project. Out of the thousands that are members, that's not many{to me at least}. The fact that someone has the funds to buy $150,000 motor home, or a $100,000 rail, doesn't mean they would, or could, spend that sort of money developing one motor for an ATV. Most of the people that seem to have the means, also seem smart enough to not waste the money. If I'm an arogant a$$hole for realizing that, then so be it.

Old 12-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Hurycne
Well I still would like to ride. I will be at my timeshare in Florida later this year I hope to hook up with you!
When is later this year, and were in Florida?

I would like to be back by the June time frame, but higher powers than I will decide that.

I have a place on Okaloosa Island, and did most of my weekend riding up on the Eglin property.

Old 12-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

hey wickedDS....y don't u stick around for a while, i gotta see ur DS. and it looks like we all could learn a thing or too from u! and this is coming from a raptor owner. don't let other **** u off. i know when u read these posts that u have a little grin thinkin " my quad is faster then yours ". i know i would!!!!!!!

never thought i would tell a DS owner to stick around what im i thinking????

Old 12-25-2002, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure where that is but I will be in the dayton-orlando area. Driving is not a problem

Old 12-25-2002, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

This will be my last comment on the issue. Maybe a$$hole was to strong a term. Besides I'm the last guy that likes to get into it sitting behind a keyboard.

My point is that you came into the forum with argumentative statements from the get go. It started in the Yammy forum and then over here. Instead of sending KR a pm with legal advise you critisized him for what he has not done to protect the event. You could have easily sent him a message with advice, instead you attacked him. Then you come in here stating very few people have the money to do what you have done. Big Fukin deal man. Not everyone in here are millionaires ( till tonight when I win the power ball) People come to these forums to share an interest in riding and atving. Money doesn't matter, infact before you came here I don't think I have ever read a post where someone was bragging or throwing around their money.

Then you make statements that you are not concerned about anyones bikes in here, and that you have not been impressed with the speed nor the looks of most bikes you've heard about yet. Well I for one resent that. There are lots of people that put all the spare money they have into their bikes and what may not look good to you sure looks good to them.

Instead of coming in here starting off getting to know people you starting attacking and making comments that you may not think is rude, but others do. If you are legit, it's to bad that you come accross the way you do cause it sounds like you could have had a lot of good info to share.

That's all I have to say on the subject.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2002, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

Wait a minute 918, you are the one that started this BS.

I never said I wasn't impressed with the looks of anyones bike. The closest thing I said about the looks of anyone elses bike was that mine was not as pretty as Jeffrivercity's. Please show me were I downplayed someone elses bike.

Heaven forbid I have a bit of confidence in the performance of mine by making such an increadably bold statement as "I'm not worried".

I never bragged about money either. I commented that "most" people couldn't afford to duplicate it, and then readily shared just about anything asked of me. If you think that 51%{most} of the people on this forum could build a bike like this, then I doubt I would have read anything about the high prices of Team Pami parts.

I got to know about people in here by reading for close to a year, before ever posting a word. You, on the other hand, call me an a$$hole within days because you miss-interpet some innocent comments that I made. Has anyone tried to get to know me? I've never bragged a single word. It seriously sounds like you have some issues you need to talk with someone about. Can you say inferiority complex? For all you know, the only thing I have is this quad, and I don't have a pot to **** in, but you still act as if your threatened in some way.

By the way, I just realized that you guys are in the middle of Christmas day, although it's over for me already. The first thing I had to say after being called an a$$hole, was a holiday greeting. Now 4 of you have commented, and not one holiday wish. Thanks!

Old 12-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 1WickedDS,
Welcome aboard, Like almost everyone, I'm a little skepticle as well. it really sounds like a bike we all would dream about having. just like the honda 650ex in dirtwheels. If it does exist hats off to the fabricators/engineers.

p.s.Would definitely like to see some pics. A ~800cc single rapping out 13,200rrrs - yeaahaa!!!!!

Old 12-25-2002, 09:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

well i wicked i may not no how too explaine things just right as far as stroking but ill let you in on a little secret i do have the money to play your game and i don't belive you have the quad you speak of to be honest and ill bet you don't even have a ds. you came on the yammie site with a condasending {and i know i spelled that wrong but you get the pic.} adittude and then you come over here with stories of grandure did you not think at some point someone was going to say prove it " every big gunner has had to back his mouth at one time or another can you. Will you and im offering you a chance bring your pig to FSW or don't talk crap too me!!!!then you'll see that some people talk good like you. And some people do good. once again WELCOME FRIEND!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2002, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

merry christmas 1WickedDS

Old 12-26-2002, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

A most interesting post for sure....
You have to admit, if 1Wicked is a fake he sure is good at it.
I am inclined to beleive him but the remark about his carburetion has me wondering... If its old and you were able to make it perform equil to- or better then the latest offerings from Mic or Kehin, why not talk about it? It would definitely make for some interesting reading. Its not like anybody will want to duplicate it when its easier to just go purchase the best money can buy from the local bike shop.

Quick Reply: I almost forgot what it's like!