CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I almost forgot what it's like!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I almost forgot what it's like!

I think he is for real he knows to much and some of his ideas are very good have faith instead of neg we need all the comp that we can get thats what makes everyone faster faster if there were not people like him out there then where does new stuff come from trinty not i dont think so give him a chance we all had one at one time.

Old 12-26-2002, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: AZSAND
well i wicked i may not no how too explaine things just right as far as stroking but ill let you in on a little secret i do have the money to play your game and i don't belive you have the quad you speak of to be honest and ill bet you don't even have a ds. you came on the yammie site with a condasending {and i know i spelled that wrong but you get the pic.} adittude and then you come over here with stories of grandure did you not think at some point someone was going to say prove it " every big gunner has had to back his mouth at one time or another can you. Will you and im offering you a chance bring your pig to FSW or don't talk crap too me!!!!then you'll see that some people talk good like you. And some people do good. once again WELCOME FRIEND!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
AZ, I had already figured that you were one of the members that could fund something like my bike. And there are others that I suspect could as well. The truth remains, most could not afford what you have either.

Although you and others may have taken what I had to say in the Yamaha forum as condesending, it was started as simple advice on a subject that I'm somewhat edjucated on. Only when I started getting the hostility, did I return it. I never expected to be attacked because I politely stated an opinion that was contrary to some of yours. I will say that I recieved a few private messages of support for speaking what others were thinking though.

Keep in mind, I didn't come in saying "my bike is faster than yours". I haven't made a single claim about the performance of my bike as of yet. The closest thing I said was that I wasn't worried. Is a small amount of confidence really that threatening?

If you look, you will see that I started a thread to try to "back up my mouth" before anything at all was said. I still haven't, and don't want to, tell folks the performance numbers that I do have, untill someone that you all will believe can see the bike run. Do you folks really believe that the only fast bikes in the world are all in the south west? Do you really think that the fastest four stroke in the country will be at you get together? Considering the hundreds of thousands of performance four stroke in the U.S. alone, it's unlikely that the fastest wil be there.

So, according to what you have to say, I'm not even allowed to talk about what has been done to my bike unless I can come to your get together? {"im offering you a chance bring your pig to FSW or don't talk crap too me!!!!} WOW, I can't even explain how close minded that attitude is, without being extremely rude. I have to say, I had some opinion of some of you before I ever bacame a member. Like I've said, I've been reading for a while. You, AZSand, are surprizing me with your attitude, I thought you were better than that.

Old 12-27-2002, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

AZ, I bet you feel bad now!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2002, 12:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is the head billet? What type of chamber design is it? How many valves and what size valves? Dual overhead cam? What type of head gasket? Have you had any problems keeping the head sealed?

What gearing do you run with 25" 12 paddle taller haulers? Do you pull all 5 gears to max RPM?

What clutch setup do you have?

How did you get the MSD 7 to work given that the DS magnetic pickup sensor is at ~10 BTDC and the MSD ignitions are designed to be retard boxes starting from full timing?

What banshees have you beaten in a sand drag at 300', 600', etc.

Is the rear wheel power over or under 100HP?

Have you considered using the engine parts you made as prototypes for a production kit?

Old 12-27-2002, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

I love when scooby ask all those tech questions, he's the only one that can ask and know if they are telling the truth!! Long time no here scooby![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Are we going to see you at 4sw?

Old 12-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

If I answer some of these questions, might a few of you believe me? I'm still not going to talk about it's performance untill someone can see it run, but I have nothing to hide on the tech area.

Originally posted by: ScoobyDFW
*Is the head billet? Yes, the entire head is billet.
*What type of chamber design is it? Chamber design is close to stock, although the water passages have been moved to allow the cam sprocket side of the chamber to be un shrouded.
*How many valves and what size valves? Four valves; 44MM intake, 37MM exhaust
*Dual overhead cam? Stock style cams. Valve spacing has been shifted slightly in the head, but lobe spacing remains stock. Valves have also been shifted closer to center in the chamber, so a spacer was machined to re-align the cam sprockets with the crank sprocket. The most difficult part of the set up was finding a custom length cam chain since the over all hight of the head is slightly higher than stock.
*What type of head gasket? Aluminum head gasket, to ensure equal expansion with heat. Copper head gasket sealant.
*Have you had any problems keeping the head sealed? Aside from the 4 main studs as on the stock head, we incorperated 2 bolts in beween each stud, as apposed to the single bolt on stock cylinder/head aplications.

*What gearing do you run with 25" 12 paddle taller haulers? Any were from 18/36 to 19/32. {32 tooth sprocket makes the chain have slight contact with the sprocket hub}
*Do you pull all 5 gears to max RPM? I've never gotten the room, conditions, or ***** to wind out the 19/32 set up all the way in fifth with the paddles. I seem to have the power to, if conditions were right. I have wound out the 18/32 set with the paddles, and it was scary as hell. I've also wound out the 19/32 set with the 22" Hoosiers.

*What clutch setup do you have? Stock clutch with Team Pami springs

*How did you get the MSD 7 to work given that the DS magnetic pickup sensor is at ~10 BTDC and the MSD ignitions are designed to be retard boxes starting from full timing? Although I'm not the expert on electronics, I'll tell you what I know about how they made it work. From what I understand, the crank that I have can no longer work with a stock style ignition because the keyway was cut in a new location. This changed the pickup point and required the use of this style box.

-What banshees have you beaten in a sand drag at 300', 600', etc.

-Is the rear wheel power over or under 100HP?

-I'm not going to comment on performance, I've had enough of being called a liar.

*Have you considered using the engine parts you made as prototypes for a production kit? Untill a couple of days ago, no, I never thought about it. I have thought about contacting my buddies to see if they still have the programs though, in case someone was intrested, but I have no desire to go into the ATV business.

Old 12-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Wicked, Give us some ideas we are always open for new one's, it's not like we all race against each other for money, its all for fun. Let us in on the secrets if you have some[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2002, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

What more can I tell you? I've already shared more specs than many of the fast guys on the forum here.

Old 12-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If I answer some of these questions, might a few of you believe me?
Yep, I think that would give you alot more credibility.JMHO

Old 12-27-2002, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Read the long quote from Scoobie in 1wickeds post, he incorporated his answers into it. I didn't catch it the first time either.

Quick Reply: I almost forgot what it's like!