CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

waiting to hear azsand tell how it was

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waiting to hear azsand tell how it was

i want to hear azsand tell how things really were! he never seems to shy away from anything. come on azsand let us know.

Old 01-22-2003, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, its not fair to put anybody on the spot. AZsand is a classy guy, everything he does is First class, so I don't think you will see him bashing people or calling BS.

To make a long story short "things" were turned upside down the day of the race. We were informed by KingRaptor(5 minutes before) that the races had to be in the Whoops without any Smoothing or reduction,and that they were not going to be on Banshee hill. I still don't know why we could not run there, but it was his party and thats that.
Unfortunatly this Immediately took out the 5 fastest DS's as they were not about to put thierselves at risk,or tear up thier machines.(and I don't blame them)

The Bad thing is, many traveled ALOT of hours to compete in what they thought would be a fair and equal chance to show case what they have worked on for a year to accomplish(motor wise). But were unable too because of last minute(literally)changes.

At any rate, Only the actual "races" was a dissapointment, the preceeding 72hrs was a blast,and thats why it was a success.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-22-2003, 01:39 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I will do what he does best and smile

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I wish the hill had been groomed but I also think that megadollar quads out to be able to handle whoops that can be taken on by stock quads. Anyone was allowed to challenge, Scooby took on the top dog Sparks raptor on the much smoother banshee hill and lost 3 out of 3. Maybe he will explain it, his bike looked scary fast on the flats.
Bike building is history, the secret is hiring a lightweight jockey. Next year will the secret weapon be an emaciated 4 year old with his kidney and appendix removed.

Old 01-22-2003, 03:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

King, It was also "known" that the whoops were to be graded down. You personally told me on more than one occasion that this would happen,and not to worry because the whoops would not be a factor. Well sir, they were BIG TIME. For anybody to say that the whoops were not a HUGE factor is crazy. I consider myself a good rider on sand and whoops, but while trying to pound through the whoops on the hill, I TWICE almost flipped over the Handle bars and almost blew DSmike yellow quad up. That is NOT raceing!! PERIOD!!

I, like everyone else in the FSW's camp wanted to see the top HP quads go at it, but that did not happen. You can't sit thier and say that if the whoops were graded down(as promised) or if the open class was held on Banshee hill that the out come of the of the open class may have been different.

Airraptor, what makes you think you could ride Scooby's or DSmikes quads better than them???LOL!! Give me a break man!LOL

King, I'm not trying to **** you off, but I feel that the races were not determined by motor,but instead by LUCK,and fortune,OH! and hired gun 90 lb. motocross racers, that probably hate 4-wheelers. Its funny that when DSmike(steve) PERSONALLY asked Curtis Sparks himself to race, sparks would not let Steve line up with him.lol, Instead he would dump the clutch before Steve could line up.

Hey, If the winner of FSW's is gong to come down to Hireing jockeys,takeing off starters,and batterys,front brakes,and mix it in with alittle luck, why in the hell are we biulding FAST quads??? Its obviously not about HP.

This is just MY opinions. I in no way speak for anybody but myself.

BIGGERISBETTER>

Old 01-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Amen Brother biggerisbetter!!! The FASTEST QUADS DID NOT RACE. There were well in excess of 150 quads at the wash 11 camp and looked like only 35Quads RACED.I had a blast but the track was not groomed as promised. I had a great time though and meet lots of cool people and saw lots of fast quads. In my opinion THE DS's were the FASTEST quads there but the raptors won the throphies. The trinity quads seemed to be lacking HP from all the dyno runs that i saw. After i posted a 67hp number no other raptor climbed on board for a free dyno run. I know that there were at least 5 DS making well in excess of 75 hp, and no raptors making more than that in the wash 11 camp.

Old 01-22-2003, 04:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

WAHH WAHHH.. If you cant ride, admit it.. If you cant dial in your suspension, get some help with it, dont be ashamed. If you cant handle some whoops, its ok, people arent going to think worse of you. But if you get on the net and start bitching about it, when i do believe the DS's are supposed to have the most travel(so in theory they should be much better through them). People will think less of you. You cant even go to an NHRA track and have every driver agree that the track is perfect, what makes you think a sand hill is going to be better? (I also believe that it was AZsand that was going to groom the track, but he hesitated when the BLM started having fits. You may want to find out for sure though, Im not speaking for AZsand..)

And if there are people that did come out here only to drag race and nothing else, well I feel sorry for them. If you cant come out to the mecca of sand and have fun, regardless of the racing, well you dont know how to have fun...

And if the fastest quads did not race, how could they be considered faster??? As we know Scooby hit 119 hp on the dyno, should the races have been called off at that point because he won the dyno warz? Didnt think so. Its better to race and lose than to not race and say your faster!

RoostKing...

Old 01-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

First of all I am not one bit concerned about if someone is going to think "lesser" of me. I ran the hill!! many times, I won ALOT more than I lost. I also went over the handle bars TWICE barely saving it, and buddy I CAN RIDE!!!

I will say it agian, for the slow ones... I am speaking for myself, not for no one else's behalf. I am calling it as I see it!!

For a freakin year now all I have heard is that Trinity will beat Sparks,and Powroll will be this fast and so will Micky Dunlap,PAMI,Ronwoods,turbo's vs. Nitrous,etc,etc,etc. and what does all this have in common???????????? They are ALL engine biulders!!! I don't recall ever hearing someone saying "My Elkas will smoke your TCS shocks up OLDS" has anybody else?????

This was sold to be a ***** to the walls grudge match between forum members that said I got more HP than you do!!! Lets get it on!!!And it was NOT.

FSW was alot bigger than the races,and I am happy I went and met some great guys. but the races were dissapointing.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-22-2003, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider

Right on Bigger!!! I agree, Hey King why didn't we hold the races on Banshee Hill???????????!!!!!!!!!! There is no reason that everyone should have to get Maytaged on those friggin whoops!!!!! I can't even count how many times I saw Raptors flying around almost smakin into everyone else. I have know problems with Whoops because I raced Snowmobile Hillclimbs Professionaly for 10 yrs, but alot of people arent used to that crap! Most guy's there don't have the Money to spend on suspension mods or they don't live in area's that have whoops like that for them to practice on. My friggin front shocks cost me $750.00 bucks!! That is a whole engine kit!!! Now what do you think these guy's whould spend there money on first?! Next year I say we run on Banshee Hill just to competitors tearing it up like it should be. IT is more interesting and easier to maintain a track on, what is going on. I know it will take about an hour longer to do it but I think it is worth it. Also those kids riding those quads are ridiculous!!! For one thing if the Rangers whould have caught those kids which obviously they didn't pay any attention to, they would have opened UP THE CAN!!! I will gurantee that!! Riders from now on should have to be at least 16 yrs old or at least 15 with a quardian or responsible adult supervision. We would never be able to live with ourselves if one of those kids got crippled or killed out there just so we could bring home a damn piece of plastic! This is the time where I feel I can finally be ANGRY!! Props to you King, everything was a great Idea but it still needs a lot of work. Oh by the way Dave I don't have anything against Justin!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I ahd a really good time and met a lot of nice people and I appreciate everything everyone did for me. Hats of to Marky! You are a pretty cool dude! Sorry I was such an instigator but I couldn't help myself![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I am still a little confused on how a 465cc 400 EX can beat everything that is out there though?! The numbers jsut don't match up. I am investigating it though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And for Mystereid, I don't know who's quad you were watching but Scooby only ran once that I saw and he came from about 4 lengths behind half way up that hill, and smoked that Raptor by another 3 or 4 lengths at the top! You better get that one straight! Kudos to everyone.

Old 01-22-2003, 08:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They are ALL engine biulders!!! I don't recall ever hearing someone saying "My Elkas will smoke your TCS shocks up OLDS" has anybody else?????
So you do want a Dyno Warz?? Ok, well then Scooby won... If not, then your going to have to get your 12 inches of suspension travel dialed in (I will assume you did try to get your suspension dialed in???)

And for Mystereid, I don't know who's quad you were watching but Scooby only ran once that I saw and he came from about 4 lengths behind half way up that hill, and smoked that Raptor by another 3 or 4 lengths at the top! You better get that one straight!
Scooby raced at least twice, because he beat my banshee by 4-5 lengths...

I do agree that there should be an age limit. 18 and older. Its not about ability, but being less than 18 makes you a child in the eyes of a state, and children are not trusted to make the correct life decisioins all the time. Not that adults do either!!!! I would feel bad if they would have gotten hurt/hurt someone because there is too much power to handle...

See ya next year...

RoostKing...

RoostKing..

Quick Reply: waiting to hear azsand tell how it was