CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How are you guys liking those Lectrons now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are you guys liking those Lectrons now?

I like the clear float bowl, it looks cool and is helpful. When I rolled my bike I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start, I was able to look at the bowl and determine that there was no gas in there. I took the gas cap off and watched the bowl fill up. Started right up.

I like the Lectrons simple design, almost seems to easy.

Old 02-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

KMDuner,

So you would recommend it over the TM45? (This almost seems repetitive since you own one, however...) Does the carburetor come with more than one metering rod?

Also how tough is the spring pull? Anything more or less than stock? I don't like twist throttles, so I need something that will work easily without any trouble on a thumb throttle setup.

Is there a different throttle cable needed & is this something I have to buy extra?

Old 02-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

guy's a few months back me and sand45 had a discussion on this matter he being the lectron guy and me the TM45 we disagreed but at sand mt he tried the tm aginst his lectron and i belive he went with the tm45 he swapped one that knutz had and i can tell you he was running better!! but you can talk to him about that. the lectron is awesome for alkahol and is an improvement over stock but not a tm45 by no means!!! but kmduner is right about how easy it is to tune EEEAAASSSYYY!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hello all,

I would like to put my two cents in on this one.

The Lectrons are the number one carb, IN MY OPINION, for alcohol! The difference between the lectron and the Mikuni, well the Mikuni is a bigger carb. If you want, Lectron also makes a 46mm, 48mm, and they can do a 50mm carb. So, if the 44mm lectron is not doing as good as the 45mm Mikuni, then has anyone tried the 46mm Lectron? The 46mm Lectron is going to be alot cheaper then the 45 Mikuni. But I do not know of anyone that has tried it.

I am planning on running the 48mm lectron, with my drag bike, for the first part of this year. After I get it tuned in, then I plan on doing dual 40mm lectrons on alcohol and NOS. I will be doing alot of dynoing since there is going to be a new dyno down at Little Saharra this year. I will give good, honest reports as to what I find!

If any of the big bore or high revers are needing to try something different, I might have a spare 48mm lectron in my garage....

DuneDevil

Old 02-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DID YOU SAY 48 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

YOU'VE GOT HOMIES UNDEVIDED ATTN.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hightower,

Sorry it has taken so ong for me to reply. Wrestling season is very hectic this year. I like my Lectron quite a bit. It took a while to get it dialed in. It is difficult to reach the choke without removing the seat. Performance is good, but I usually have to turn it a 1/4 turn to get the best bottom end response each time I ride. Someitmes I have to richen it and sometimes I lean it out, either way it takes about 2 minutes to do. Most people wouldn't even notice or bother doing it each ride, but i'm always looking for a little extra oomph. With that being said its been a few months since I have done any serious riding, and will probably be another month or so before wrestling season starts to wind down. I'll catch up with you guys then.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good to hear from you Rockey - I figured the wrestling had your attention right now.

Sand45 - that's who I was trying to think of up top at my first post!

Old 02-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

BlackHawk- If $ is no object then I would probably go with the TM45, however like I stated above I was hanging with if not beating guys with the TM45's so take that for what it's worth. And as you've seen from DuneDevil and AZSand if alky is your choice then the Lectron is the way to go. I'll probably end up going on alky to give it a try. It only comes with one metering rod but you can get different ones.

The Lectron's claim to fame has got to be that it is so easy to tune, 1-2 minutes and your done. And you don't have to worry about carrying around jets.

DuneDevil, I'm going to a stage3 this week and will try it out Pres day, I'll try that carb, in fact send it to AZSand and we'll try it on his two DS's and mine.

Old 02-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

quadloco1 is running dual 40mm Lectron carbs on his DS with the Sam Coe 733 kit in it. Anyone considering the dual Lectron idea should get his opinion.

Old 02-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i haven't heard from quadloco lately what you up to quadloco?? hows the bike doing? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How are you guys liking those Lectrons now?