CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How are you guys liking those Lectrons now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are you guys liking those Lectrons now?

Rocky, and Taxi - what's the word - last I heard fine tuning was in final stages. After having them for a while now, how do you all like them?
BiggerisBetter - compare the Lectron you had to what you got now....
Details on bottom, mid, and top.

Old 01-31-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

I changed my name from taxi:

I like mine, like I said I have the lectron, uni carb mount, graydon slip on, RWR cdi and put 49.66 hp on the dyno. At FSW I raced Jiminok who had MBRP, K&N carb mount, RWR cdi, 45mm mikuni, we were about dead even. It all depended on who got through the whoops better, he did get me 2 out of 3 but was getting thru the whoops awesome. I can't say that he was pulling away from me or I was pulling away from him.

Tuning obviously is something that you have to get used to and play around with a little. Mine is running almost perfect, just a little lean on the power jet.

Bottom, Mid, and Top end is hard to tell, I win more than I loose.

I like the fact that they are easy to jet, don't have to worry about carrying jets with you everywhere you go.

AZSand really likes them for alky but not gas.

If you can get a good deal on one I say go for it, but untill I have a 45 to put on and test I'll always be a little biased. It's just hard to drop $350-600 for a carb when you can get a Lectron for under $250

Old 02-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

I just got back this weekend from riding/testing my Lectron. All I can say is that it made a world of difference, but I'm hitting the limiter a lot. I was riding in snow so I really didn't feel the true effects this carb is giving me. I'm still fine tuning it so it can only get better. I think I understand how to tune it now, its pretty easy.

Old 02-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So the Lectron is under $250, and performs as well as the TM45 on what sounds like a bolt on only setup? How is this one easier to jet, I've never seen a Lectron nor do I really know anything about them. Any websites with more information about the model that would be used on the DS650? This sounds like something I might be interested in.

Old 02-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the TM45 does outperform the Lectron from what I've been told by people who ran both in the same quad to find out. However the Lectron is a nice step up from the stock vacuum slide carb, and close to TM45 performance, so the added cost of the TM45 vs. the money savings of the Lectron is worth considering. The Lectron will bolt right on, but for optimum gain the intake manifold should be ported to fit it correctly. Most people buy a TM45 from Ron Wood with a new manifold already ported to fit it - this manifold cost is $168! However you can port your stock manifold to fit the TM45, and save that money, making the TM45 potentially cheaper than originally expected. Either way, the Lectron can save you a min of $150, so its a nice option. I lucked out and just ran into a slightly used TM45 for a good deal, or else I may have went with the Lectron myself.

Do a search on Lectron Carbs - lots of info on the net. Company that sells them reasonably is FastByGast - they have a site too. They have been known to give $20 discount to forum members - mention this.

Jetting is way different - uses one device, called a metering rod, rather than multiple jet circuits that overlap.

Old 02-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Range Rover

From what I read the Lectron44 and the TM45 are about the same on a mild motor, but when you start doing internal motor work the TM45 works better. check out www.lectronfuelsystems.com

Old 02-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

I'm about to go to a stage 3 so I'll let you know how the lectron does. But what hightower said pretty much sums it up.

Old 02-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Alright KM - I'm going all the way to stage 3 as well! Piston, cams, springs, porting, carb, the works!

Old 02-03-2003, 05:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hightower,
I never had owned a Lectron 44, but I have seen the run and they seem to perform very well. I love my HSR45mm though!!!

I do like the way the lectron is small and compact, it looks to be twice as small as the Mukuni 45mm. Pretty good looking carb.

Bigger.

Old 02-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey thanks Bigger. Somehow I got the idea you had one, must've been somebody else!

Quick Reply: How are you guys liking those Lectrons now?