CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LS camping arrangments(Snake Hunt)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS camping arrangments(Snake Hunt)

I have been talking with DuneDevil, and we think it would be cool to have all the Forum Members stay in 1 big area.

I need to know WHO is going for sure,and what will you be staying in?? Hotel,Tent,Travel trailer???

This will give us an idea of how much space we will need to reserve. By reserve I mean, me going up that Monday,and flagging off the spots we need, then paying for them. If all is successfull, I should be able to get on here Monday evening and Post where everybody will be, SO you won't have to worry about finding a spot when you guys get their.

By Wednsday evening Almost all spots are gone, and the "good" spots are WAY gone!!

Just let me know what you guys think???

SNAKE HUNT IS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'll be leaving Thur. morning and driving over. I have a 45ft trailer plus my brother-in-law will be coming with a little trailer. I hope they have a big gate and lots of room to turn around. DuneDevil is helping lead the way.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks J Ross

Old 02-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What is a snake hunt. What all goes on.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A snake Hunt is a flea market of sorts,mixed with carnival. The reason they call it a snake hunt is certain people go out and capture rattle snakes and bring them back to be judged. The one with the biggest snake wins a price.

The snake hunt is also a Harley Rally of sorts. Usually thier will be a few hundred Harley guys/gals camped out in the town park. Waynoka, is a small Rattle snake hunt, thier are many that time of year, but the Largest is MANGUM,OK. they they will have 200,000 people in the streets for their snake hunt, and 1000's of rattle snakes to be judged.

Yes, you can take Pictures with the snakes,and even eat rattle snake if you like( taste like chicken)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I contacted Don at LS Tours and Rentals. He is unable to reserve anything at all. He did give me some contact info on the piece of land up there by the OASIS that is fenced off. He said that it is able to be rented out. But, we will need quite a few of us to pay it off. He also told me that in the south lot, there will be NO available stalls from two weeks in advance. This is what he has seen in the past few years.

If you all are wanting to do this, let Bigger and I know. We will have to get some money to this guy ASAP if we are wanting to do it.

DuneDevil

Old 02-08-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

How much $$$$s ? I will let my brother-in-law know . Looks like there will be any were from 5 to 8 of us in my bunch.

Thanks
J Ross