CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ok guys i got the money for new a-arms and shocks, lets here some opinions..HSD/Works/TCS/Kings???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ok guys i got the money for new a-arms and shocks, lets here some opinions..HSD/Works/TCS/Kings???

i got some money lined up from selling my streetbike i should use to pay the bills but im dying to get new suspension on the front of my ds ever since i got TCS rear, made a nice improvement, and now its my one and only toy, besides my truck, i can really give it some TLC, anyway ive read every posts on these subjects the search engine can find, especiallly the HSD strongarms people have been happy with but havent had them all that long. ... Are you still happy with them, ? i like the price, the available +1, and that the castor is set and supposed to be set right, any opinions what do you guys recomend?
As for shocks its either TCS or Works,(probably, open to knew ideas) i was waiting for kings but can predict there setup to be outta my price range, Anyway i would get TCS or Works pro's so they both would be 5/8 shafts, with rezzie's, i like that works are tripple rate compared to TCS duals, i dont want to lose sitting ride height but i am interested in zero preload, honestly dont know alot about all this. lets here some opinons here:
I strictly ride all dunes baby big air!
Jetjock16

Old 02-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok guys i got the money for new a-arms and shocks, lets here some opinions..HSD/Works/TCS/Kings???

Jetjock, I'm also interested in your front shocks. If you wan't to get rid of them, we could do a package deal.

Old 02-23-2003, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

TCS is the way to go

Old 02-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

You should take a look at the elka shocks they are the best shocks out there..

Old 02-23-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

email HSD tonight, to see what they charge with the elka setup, im also inquireing about them custom mounting the shock bracket further out with the +1 aarms to get longer travel shocks in there, cant wait for their reply.
Jetjock16

Old 02-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

TBRproducts are the long travel DS650 experts check out their DS650's . as for shocks, TCS are good, but the new motowoz are really good too, and far more adjustable

Old 05-12-2004, 10:08 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

they also make AXIS fronts and backs, but around 1300 and 850 for rear

Old 05-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

You probably won't be able to get longer shocks in there. The DS has what is called long travel 19" shocks already. I would reccomend TBR for the a-arms, they are indestructable. I have pro-series front and an ultracross rear and I could not be happier. I have rode one with elka's and I like them, but I ride a rough track, and the works work better because they are not zero pre-load. The most important thing is to have whatever kind of shock set to your weight and riding ability. Just a note, lie on your weight. Mine are set up for a 250lb. rider and they are perfect for me at 300lbs. Works always over-springs their shocks.

Justin

Old 05-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I love my Action A-arms just put them through a 120 mil desert race with out a scratch.. Best of all under 500.00. did I mention they had adjustable shock mount along with camber and caster adjustments.+2+1

Old 05-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

tbr with PEP! worth the wait and money!

Quick Reply: ok guys i got the money for new a-arms and shocks, lets here some opinions..HSD/Works/TCS/Kings???