CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone seen a Vforce yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone seen a Vforce yet?

With all this talk about the V-force, I went by my local dealer, and BAM a new Blaze Orange V-force out front. Well I sat on it, looked it over, and started it, and I got to say I LIKE IT!! Ofcorse, I didn't ride it, so I can't say wether It is a true sports machine, or not. But from my quick obvservation, I think it would be the Perfect Compliment to the DS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One thing that surprised me though is when I asked the machanic how the power was, he said GREAT Bottom, and MID, but the topend suffers bad. He went on to tell me that he and the other machanic raced it about 5 times against a stock Z400, and the V-force would walk away right off bottom and through mid 3rd gear, but then the Z would start gaining, and by 4th they were dead even, and then on top end the Z would edge the V out! WTF!!!

I remember reading that the Praire 650 suffered on top cause of the CDI box, and I would suspect that the V-force has been sabataged from the factory the same way.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

bigger how was the feel was it as big as they are saying or smaller than the ds? well they haven't made it to oregon yet, so tell all.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its a big quad(like the ds). Actually when I sat on it, the Ergo's felt just like the DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I REALLY LIKED THAT. I think this quad is actually alittle bigger than the DS,(but not as wide) because the Plastic is BIG, but COOL. but the plastic is VERY RIGID and I think in a roll over it would break not bend.

The Air box, and fuel tank are exactly oppisite of the DS(location wise), and the battery is mounted in the middle of the frame between the air-box and fuel tank. The auto tranny didn't look bulky, and didn't seem it would be akward at all, and YES its heavy, In the front is is comared to the DS in wieght, but the rear is atleast 25lbs heavier than the ds. The frame looks good, and not Utility at all, but the swing-arm with the Drive shaft made in it, looks alot like a UTE.

But like I said, I really think this quad is a great compliment to the DS!! AND MAN THAT V-TWIN SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

BIggerisbetter.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i'm glad to hear it the more fourstrokes the better it makes for more racing at the dunes.

Old 03-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Trailblazer

Tell you what guys... If the weather is good this weekend, I will take some detailed pictures of my V Force and post an article for all to see. I will try to make sure it's clean so all the details can be viewed. I don't have a DS to compare it to visually.

It does not look like I can embed images into this forum so I will post the article on my website.

Feel free to visit..

http://buttrynet.ugate.net