CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Full system exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full system exhaust.

Ok, finally I've decided to get a full system instead of mess around with a slip-on. The three I'm looking at are the CT racing, Trinity stage 4, and MBRP full system. I absolutly love the way the Trinity looks!! But I have heard they are very loud and so I need opinions on every one of these. Oh I would like to know if the trinity comes with a spark arestor (sorry for spelling). I like them all except I am somewhat leary of the MBRP because I heard they turn a gold color. Something I wouldn't like. Also the one I get can't hit the swingarm because I live for big jumps!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would like opinions on different systems as well if I'm forgeting any other good ones. I'm looking for a pipe that hits hard in mid-range and pulls hard on top.

Well, sorry for going on and on but I need all the info I can get and peoples opinions that have these and can explain what is good and what isn't. Thanx for putting up with me going on and on!

Old 03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

I have a woods exhaust for sale....PM me....perfect condition

Old 03-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

pushinthelimit, the trinity does make a spark arrester, without it the pipe is loud but the sound is awsome, with it on, its about the same as the mbrp, maybe still just a little louder, I don't run it when at the dunes, I just keep it with me alongwith an allen wrench so I can put it on if needed.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

If it hits the swing arm will it dent easy? I hit lots of jumps and they are big.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have the stock swingarm and I'm only about 150 pounds so I dont think I would have a problem. But I have a question for you MBRP, can you somewhat compare the MBRP pipe to the ones I have mentioned and also an ALBA pipe for performance and how the powerband is? If you dont know it's ok because I'm going out on a limb here anyway.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well frist pushin. i got 10-12' air not on purpouse and i had a bad landing it was ugly!! and my brake caliper is what hit .
2. it was a -1 swing arm i had and i weigh 205@ 5' 10 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] look at me guy's im skinny(For a ds rider any way's)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

3. the gold is easily wiped off with mothers(good stuff that mothers is)

4. the trinity is the very best quality of the three as far as fit and looks

5.the ct as far as i know is the rockinest of the three(im going off of the fact that there the same as a graydon)

6. the mbrp make good gains on a stock class bike (the regular series)

7.And i know not what the race pipe dose

8. it happening agian though i have a new ds setting around that is too close to stock for me and im getting. the fever to mod alls it has is a big gun and yukky it must go so i will be playing with more pipes soon,and cdi's,carbs,suspension,tires,plastics,tank,handle bars,steering stem,Ill not own two bikes that are the same (but i do have two with graydon's full systems go figure)

i hope this helps you
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bob/MBRP,

When my six month warranty expires on my 2003 Baja I'd like to pick up an exhaust & the MBRP is a system I'm strongly considering. I am going to keep the engine stock internally, (for now) though I'm going to get a hold of every bolt of power product available. Would you recommend the Race version over the slip on in this type of situation? Also can the race version be fitted with a spark arrestor?

Old 03-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Not to sound dumb, but what did you mean when you said the ct is the rockinest?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2003, 11:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Sorry thats az for the best all around preformance !!and they are tough because of the thickness of the canister it can take a hit from the swing arm with minimal damage but you will have to service it and the mbrp is maintnace free(if you don't count polishing all pipes need that) so pick your poisen

Old 03-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

So does the ct hit the swingarm?

Quick Reply: Full system exhaust.