CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Engine Ice? Fantasy or reality?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003 | 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice? Fantasy or reality?

I have engine Ice in both of my banshees. I don't have a temp gauge, but a friend ran EI in his goldwing and noted 20 degree drop in the temp. This was the middle of last summer, in town driving.

My play banshee with bolt on parts only would run so hot in tight trails that it would bog and not even rev up. Since changing to engine ice, this has only happened once due to running lean and accidently running the timing curve i designed for my TT bike. My TT bike is also running the stock radiator and engine ice. Last weekend I was running lean due to my new CPI pipes and not big enough jets. The track was hooked up and under 8 laps of hard racing it never even came close to getting hot. Many other bikes were having temp problems due to the fact the track was so tacky.

You must run Engine Ice straight. Redline's water wetter is a great product to mix with your current coolant.

I have asked a couple of people with temp gauges to try Engine Ice on me, but none have taken the offer.

Old 03-26-2003 | 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have Purple icein my scrambler. They claim that it prevents the formation of scale deposits in the radiator for optimum coolant flow and lubricates the seals of the water pump. I havent taken it out yet so I dont know how much it makes a dufference. You just add it to your coolant. It comes in a 16oz bottle and all you need is 1oz per quart of coolant. So, it will last a long time. It is formulated to reduce the surface tension of the coolant, which improves heat transfer through the cooling system while providing additional protection against rust, corrosion and erosion. It prevents the formation of scale deposits in the radiator for optimum coolant flow and lubricates the seals of the water pump. They claim a 20 degree F drop in temperature. I have seen dyno tests on Royal Purple products and have seen the HP gains be running their products, so I know that they can back up what they claim. Just my .02

Old 03-26-2003 | 08:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

it seems that the only way it would help is if your cooling system is working, if you have a over heating problem, it can't fix that. but bif you get your system in the proper range it could prolong your ride time under hard riding. i use the water wetter but can't tell you the changes it made

Old 03-26-2003 | 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

On a 383 Vortec IMCA Stock Car...on gas during a race...the peak temp was 165*F SAY WOW GUYS.....the race was 40 laps around a 1/4 mile dirt track....no fan.....just a radiator...165*F .....THATS AWESOME!!!!!!
We just pour ours in. When i get my in-line cooler in friday i am putting the purple ice in. I will let you guys know how it works!

Old 03-26-2003 | 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

i have engine ice and a temp guage, but i haven't put it in yet since still cold at night here and you can't run that stuff in the winter it keeps it too cool, maybe within the next few weeks i'll put it back in and let everyone know how much it really drops

Old 03-26-2003 | 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

i have engine ice in mine and my buddy with a baja doesnt!!!!!! we ride about the same all the time and we notice when we stop for a rest, both fans kick on at the same time every time!!!!! so i dont think it does much