CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Engine Ice? Fantasy or reality?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003 | 10:43 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Engine Ice? Fantasy or reality?

Is anyone running engine ice? If so have you had any problems with head gaskets or other gaskets leaking? Especially you guy's with the 105mm bore! And can anyone truthfully tell me how much on average it keep syour bike cooler!?

Old 03-25-2003 | 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

how about that royal purple stuff is that any good???

Old 03-25-2003 | 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

FANTASY! its easliy proven by temp readings, do an internet search, the stuff is just a gimick, course anyone here who already paid for the stuff is going to say it helped......... he he.
Jetjock16

Old 03-26-2003 | 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

JETJOCK16 HASNT USED ROYAL PURPLES PURPLE ICE....HAHAHAHAHA try it JETJOCK!!!!!

Old 03-26-2003 | 12:06 AM
|
Pro Rider

Well?! Let's talk about it?!! How much cooler does it run???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2003 | 12:10 AM
|
Pro Rider

Oh and do you need to drain everything out or do you mix it with your existing coolant?

Old 03-26-2003 | 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

You drain the entire system and refill it completely with Engine Ice. I have it but have not put it in yet. I am going to change my clutch springs and since you have to drain the coolant, I was going to do it at the same time. I also bought the inline cooler. My fan went out, however I went ahead and replaced it. I decided to try Engine Ice and the inline cooler in case the fan goes out again. You can read about Engine Ice at www.EngineIce.com

Old 03-26-2003 | 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

On my 2001 (when it was still stock.) the fan came on constantly, as it does on most DS' especially the earlier models. (my 2003 doesn't seem to use the fan as much, even though it is 100% stock.) I install CT Racing Aluminum Radiator shrouds and Engine Ice. The fan almost never came on after that. I was sure the fan worked because it had come on a time or two but on average once (that I noticed) per day rather than constantly. About six months after I installed the Engine Ice & shrouds my fan died & I haven't replaced it yet, though I do plan to after I get some new mounts fabricated similar to the 2002 & 2003 models. I like my radiator shrouds, but I have my doubts that they could change the engines operating temperature THAT much.

To install the Engine Ice you need to drain all of the coolant out, I also ran water through it to get all of the coolant out as well, I believe the instructions stated to do so. I plan to use Engine Ice in my 2003 for two reasons: 1. It works 2. I already have a container of it. (Thought I might need a second container to fill my radiator, however that was not necessary.)

Old 03-26-2003 | 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

hoover650 how do you mix the royal purple??

Old 03-26-2003 | 11:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i want somebody with a coolant temperature gauge to do the swap without any other mods and tell us what the temp change was in degrees.
sorry, can't help but wonder the reality, if it is so good then why hasn't any companies decided to use it in their new vehicles?
what about corrosion protection - does it inhibit as well as the new GM Dexcool?

Quick Reply: Engine Ice? Fantasy or reality?