CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HELP!! Need input fast.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Need input fast.

i used the gasacinch like it said and like you it seemed like i didn't know how much to use i sill think i would have perferred a spray, but it worked good. and the water pump sill went right after i did my engine also , and again i thought it was odd it would go at that time, i wonder if your thought on the gasket, at the water ports caused back pressure thus causing the seal to let the water go into the oil. well let us know what else you find.

Old 04-03-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Well without checing the Water seals yet it looks like the problem was the sleave![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It turns out that the sleave wasn't prssed in all the way when we did our first cuts on the deck to true it up. So I guess after it was torqued down and ran for a few it decided to slip down all the way?! So now of course the the deck height is all messed up again. We had to shave the cylinder deck about .010 to get it all trued up. Now I am cocearned about Squish! I should probably have enough clearance still but I think I don't want to chance it, so I think I will double up the base gasket. I really don't want to double it up though be cause the base gasket is .015 thick so I will be at .020 so I will loose a tiny bit of compression but that is ok I guess.

Majorecho: You know the squish scenario pretty well, would I be ok with just the one base gasket after Decking the Cylinder .010? Also for added assurance I am putting in 10mm bolts instead of the 8mm bolts. So now I can torque everything down to 50 ft. lbs. I am a little leary of torquing down the 10mm bolts that tight though, I think I will put them at 45 ft.lbs. So hopefully I will have it all back together and running by tommorow night. I am wondering if I should do a couple of heat cycles in the garage and then retorquing the bolts? Man that is a serious pain in the butt though!! Well wish me luck!

Old 04-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Range Rover

How much for this project?
Any estimates on the Hp gains?

Old 04-03-2003, 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DSMike should be able to offer suggestions for how much to torque down the bolts.

I just don't know about tightening once the sealant has set-up. You could end up squeezing it away from the gasket and causing more of an issue.

I think I would just get the Problem fixed then tighten as per specs.

I wouldn't worry about losing compression with this kit. Wasn't Major saying he thought it was actually higher than Sam Coe stated anyways?

Old 04-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well angry how goes the battle today? hope things are on the better side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

angry did you get the cylinder i sent you?

Old 04-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Angry, you have a PM.

Old 04-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, received cylinder thatnks. Sorry to be so short but I have a lot to do and no time I will get back to you all later.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well hope the stress is going ok, i know after a lot of money spent it sucks for things not to work.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Angry....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: HELP!! Need input fast.