CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ideas on suprising kid with new quad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas on suprising kid with new quad?

this spring i bought 2 honda 250ex's new from the local dealer without the kids knowing about it. i told the kids that i wanted them to come along and pick out some new gloves for riding (they had grown out of there polaris scramber 90"s) when we got there they had the new machines on the floor like they were for sale, i said wow these look like nice machines you guys want them? knowing that i'm alway messing with them they just blew me off. but when i said to the sales guy load em up we'll take em" they went into panic mode!!!! could'nt beleave there eyes as we loaded them up, needless to say a day they or i will never forget[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well he is becoming a walking book on the 400 we've been talking about one for about a year he just needed to grow some more, but at a 1/4 inch a month it was something that i could project and 5 foot tall was the line i set so, i got lucky that his birthday just happened to fall about the same time.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

We got "Lil Neckbone's" first quad for xmas this past year. What we did was put it in the garage with a big red Bow on it. HE was expecting/hoping for one, but he was so interested with the tree stuff he was blown away when I called him into the garage. I will work on scanning in the photos. It was awsome

Old 04-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Don't forget safety equipment....instill it now and it will always be with him....and he will hopefully pass it along.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

oh i don't like to talk about safety gear i get a lot of lectures on that subject, they wear every thing and i always get it for not wearing my chest protector.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Very true. SAFETY is a must with the little guys/gals. We had all the grandparent/Aunts/Uncles get him riding gear. So the first time he took it out he had helmet, goggles, gloves, riding pants, jersey, chest protector and boots...He has better gear than I do.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

When we picked up my sons new 80, we went into the dealer the day before and looked it over, and my son sat on it and all. Then we went back the next day, and it was gone my son said oh no, someone must have bought it. I said well there will be others, he was kind of sad, but then agreed so, we had to talk with the owner for awhile and then we left.

We got in the truck, my son did not notice what was in the back of the truck, then we rode out to a little spot we ride at, and my son said but dad we did not bring the quads.

I said yeah, but we will just hike around and stuff. Then when we got out of the truck he saw it and was speachless, which for my son is pretty remarkable. He loves to talk.

Anyway, it was fun and he loves it, I am sure your son will be very surprised whatever you do.

Bat

Old 04-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

A day I will never forget.

This past Christmas I got my 3yr old boy a 50cc and got my 8yr old girl a 90cc.
They were so shure santa was going to bring them quads for Christmas.Me and my wife was laying in bed and we heard them up and looking all over for them.They look over the whole house inside and out.They finaly came and woke us up(we were pretinding to be sleeping)asking if they can open there presents.They opend all there presents and there were no quads.Now I have two disapointed kids looking at me like I got jacked.My mother lives about 5 houses down and I told the kids lets go see if santa brought them there by mistake.Well there were no quads there.While they were opening there presents at my mothers house I snuck back down to my next door neighbors and pulled the quads out his garage and put them in my back yard so they would be the 1st thing they see when they open the gate.(They looked there already and they were not there when thy looked before)Well as we walked out of my mothers to head back to my house we noticed that one of my daughter friends had got a quad for Christmas and he was sooooooo happy.My little boy started screaming THATS MY WOOMWOOM(Thats what he calls a Quad).I told them no its not and if yall have been good kids all year santa will have quads for them but if they were not thats why they didnt get one.
By that time I could barley keep it from them and we walked through the gate at my house and there they were.WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO my girl sayed and my boy said DAMMMMMMMM is that mine.They were sooooooo happy.I told them they must have been good kids and santa realy loves them.

They finaly raced there 1st mx race 2 weeks ago.My girl got 4th in the 90cc class and my boy won the 50cc class[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I think this is going to be my last year compeatig in mx and put everything toward the kids.I had more fun watching them then racing my self.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

IF you have a closed trailer have him load up his old bike then have him go do something and put his knew one in make sure he doesn't go to the trailer until you get to the dunes. when he is all heart broken about the old four wheeler have him start unloading the quads and POW!!! there is his brand knew honda.