CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ideas on suprising kid with new quad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas on suprising kid with new quad?

i'm picking up my sons honda fri or sat and would like to really suprise him with it, i've told him were picking up the ds 90 to use while we figure out what to do. i figure this is a little mean but hey how many kids get a quad? i should make it a event for him to remember, and to see that look of i have to ride that then to wheel out the new quad that should be cool. but any ideas would be great. we have friends that will be with us, that could hide it in there toy hauler.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

What you should do is put it in the middle of the garage with all doors closed. Then tell to go get something out of the garage and follow him out without him knowing and listen to what he says when he see's it.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

...a moment like that will be should be captured on video. Your cool, dad!

Old 04-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Send him on a wild goose chase with notes. Put the first note somewhere that he'll find it or just hand it to him. The first note gives directions to find the second note, the second note to the third, etc. The last note gives directions to the garage/woodshed/friend's toy hauler or wherever the new quad is.

Old 04-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

I was at Glamis the weekend after Christmas and my buddys little kid had a POS 4 stroke 50cc quad and couldn't keep up with the girls on their 2 stroke 80's and 90's. He got so much shiot he finaly called a dealership to have them deliver a new quad for his son. There wasn't enought room to park a bicycle along Gecko Camground Rd. but he found us and it arrived with a big red bow on it. That little kid was so happy I thought his face was going to get stuck from the smile. Youre a cool dad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I put my Daughter's LT80 under the tree. She noticed it right away when she got up in the morning. Came in and to my side of the bed to ask, "Daddy, who's little quad is that?" At that moment I knew I was in trouble because I would never be able to say no to her.

Anything kind of supprise like what you have seen will work.

If you plan on riding with it and have a buddy that could get to the dunes before you and put a bow on it that would be sweet (if you still have the old quad so he thinks he is going to have to ride that one.) (Switch-a-roo works every time!)

Enjoy it!

Old 04-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

When I have kids I'll buy diapers, clothes and a Mini ATV for when they're ready! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

I am saving up for the Kids ATV right now.. All I need now is a Kid [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And ear plugs for the wife :{

Old 04-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well the thought i came up with last night is to maybe have our friends take it out to the dunes, and be out at comp hill and have him ride with me maybe make him think it is a weekend with out a ride and then get there and find a quad i do like the camera idea.

Old 04-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds good.....yes, the camera idea is a must. He will love it.

Quick Reply: ideas on suprising kid with new quad?