CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander Aftermarket Rim/Tire Combos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander Aftermarket Rim/Tire Combos?

Any Outlander owners who swapped out their stock rims/tires?? The stock tires definitely are not the greatest in the world (read: they suck).

I've read it was best to buy 4 front rims that match up to a Kawi Prairie or something to minimize the offset rims sticking way out in the rear... Any comments/experience/photos will be appreciated!

I'm looking for an aggressive all terrain tire and don't want to go to heavy mud only tires.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Endoman, I put a set of Mud Lites on my Outlander before it left the show room. They had to put a 1/4 " spacer on the front wheels to keep the tires from rubbing the front spring struts. I have ran these tires in the snow,mud, and in the river.A very nice tire,abit rough on hard pack and you definetly loose top end speed as they are heavier and bulkier than stock. I was riding alot of places in 2 wheel drive where I wouldnt have with stock tires. And a final point is you definetely will get dirty running these tires because they really throw the mud.An ideal set up would be to get onother set of rims with the stockers on.If you are riding hard pack put the stock ones on,if you are going to play in the dirt put the mud lites on...but who has the cash to do that....thats alot of beer!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

Endoman:

Great question. I have been asking the same thing for my two Outlanders. I haven't had a lot of problems with my standard tires yet, but word on the message boards is that they aren't worth a %@*&^#%*!&@^%. I do a lot of trail riding and now that the snow is gone in Wisconsin, I am enjoying better grip than I had a month ago.

However, if I can get more power to the ground.. quicker... that would be cool. I'll keep checking around myself, but would appreciate hearing more for you should you discover a good combo suggestion.

Thanks,
Kaz

Old 04-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

The stocker aren't really that bad for stock tires, but yea I took mine of when new. I know 26 X 9 & 26 X 12 Bugs fit with no problem, I put a set of 10" Titans on my front with lots of clearance left but theyre only 9 1/2" wide by measurement.

Old 04-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

Mountainman610: What size of tires did you go with to require the spacer? 26's?

Nobody has posted what kind of aftermarket rims they have bought for the Outlander yet!!

Old 04-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

Endoman:

I can't even get my dealer to figure it out. No-one seems to know what to do...... and I wanna spend some cash to cool up my rides...

Kaz

Old 04-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Endoman
Mountainman610: What size of tires did you go with to require the spacer? 26's?

Nobody has posted what kind of aftermarket rims they have bought for the Outlander yet!!
Hi Endoman, I put 27x10x12 front,27x12x12 back ITP Mud Lites

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Mountainman610:

I spoke to a factory tech guy at ITP today and he said that their C-Series Part No. 12C116 (front wheel offset all the way around). This is a 12x7 with 4/137 bolt pattern (same as a Prairie) would work on the Outlander. I do have to verify if their center caps will work because they don't on a Prairie.

Thanks for the tire posts! I'm stuck choosing between the Blackwater XT's vs the Mudlites!

How did the 27"s affect acceleration? If dramatic I may go down to 26"s...

Old 04-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Endoman, I think that the 27's effect the top end and excelleration dramatically. It all depends on what the majority of terrain you ride in. If you are mostly on hard pack with occational mud/water,I would go with a smaller tire.But if you mostly play in the mud,the 27's are the ones for you.They also give you a bit of more lift to your machine,they look fantastic on the outlander!!
Also the ITP's are 6 ply,so you dont have to worry about punctures..........Cheers!!!!!!!!