CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Spent a good deal of time on some other quads this weekend........ my observations

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spent a good deal of time on some other quads this weekend........ my observations

with the party i was with this weekend i was able to swap bikes for awhile, i put a good hour on a 89 250R and a few good hours on a 03 Z400. First id say the 250R is small, very light and easy to throw around, man you can feel its light, still dont trust the suspension ive become acustomed too, can really basicaly muscle a wheelie up in any gear by just tuggin on the thing cause its so light an nimble.... it had stock a-arms, if i owned one id have to lower and widen it, I HAD TO SHIFT AND SHIFT AND SHIFT, man my hand was getting sore, i really love how my DS can run all day just flippin between 2nd and 3rd and touching 4th once and awhile, gotta love the torque, i dont think ill buy a 250R anytime soon, was a blast though! Now the Z was sweeet ***, ive riden 400ex's plenty and it had alot more power, felt a tiny bit heaveir than the 250 but still very light, once again the shocks dont compare but just a blast, got me to wondering what the thing would ride like widened 4 inches with some TCS's on there and some mods on the engine, thats probably a real good all round quad, comfy seat too.. Well some fun bikes but i still love the DS, and everyone who rides my TCS equiped DS cant belive the suspension, it was funny cause i was riddin with 4 250R's and we stopped and hit a jump about 10 times, i was getting about 8x75 they were getting a little less and complaning how there feet were hurting with ridin boots on, i just had some normal hiking boots on and wasnt feeling anything but love on the landings, so it may be heavy but it lands softer than the rest! There are some sweet quads out there but i must say im still in love with my DS!
Jetjock16

Old 04-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spent a good deal of time on some other quads this weekend........ my observations

jeyjock, did you get 0 preload tcs's? did you revalve the rear? just wondering going to order mine soon just debateing no 0 preload or not.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]