CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Weephole leaking mass coolant

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weephole leaking mass coolant

I had gone to the Beverly dunes over the weekend and had a great time except for the weephole continually leaking coolant.
Recently I had the impeller shaft and seals replaced. Could they be going out so soon again or do I have a bigger problem? I did the search and it sounds like it is the seals again but it has only been about two months since they were replaced.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 04-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Did you put some good waterproof grease between the seals? The manual says to fill the cavity between the sealing rings with molykote 111 paste or equivelent.

Old 04-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

my seals failed from grit introduced up the weephole - if you had any grit up yours that didn't get cleaned out, it may have toasted them again. also, lack of grease will do it too as Buttfungus said.
while you got the cover off this time, tap the weephole and install a tiny hose barb, then stick a short piece of tubing ziptied in a loop on it, to prevent any possible grit from getting up in it later.

Old 04-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Every thing was done right when the first seals were put in. It seems as only the front seal has gone bad due to the coolant leaking and there is no sign of water in the oil.
When I replace the seal I am going to get +60% clutch springs also.

It might have just been a bad seal. I have gotten bad oil filters strait out of the box before. I am hoping that is just what it is.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Its probably the grit like Hightower said . I had the exact same problem with mine ....so... I went to hardware store to get some small aluminum tube , cut a small peice that is just a hair bigger than the hole and tap it in , then get some small plastic clear tube to fit on the little pipe and make a big loop somewhere on the frame and ziptie it all together. I tried the hose barb but could not find a small enough one and I didn't want to drill my cover. I got everything for under 5.00 and have had no problem since . Make sure you make the loop higher than the water pump and then back down ( like a sink P trap ) so the sand wont get into the water pump cavity>