CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

VForce or DS? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VForce or DS? Help!!

Scootty,

If I was a woods pounder, I think the V-force would be my choice between the two. If your on Fire-roads,and big open pits, the DS is the better choice. ALSO it is important to buy something you will get your money out of later. if the DS's dealerships,are few and far between than take that into consideration. If the time comes to sell your quad,make sure it is in demad in your part of the world.

Bigger.

Old 05-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

For trails id go with the vforce, you get reverse, reliable shaft drive, and automatic that always keeps you in the right gear, it even comes with ITP holeshots from the factory, which are a big plus.
The DS doesnt have reverse, and it is a little wider than the Vforce, so in some tight trails you may have problems.........I dont know if you are planning on buying brand new or not, but remember that the 01's had some tranny problems i believe.
And unlike Jetjockatwork says about power, IF those quads he named beat it, it beat it at top-end, and i dont know many trails that you can run wide open in....

Old 05-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Also the way you talk you have a dealer near you, but in my case i dotn, so that turned me off right away to it.....put that into consideration, and even when trying to resale.

Old 05-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bassetboy55
For trails id go with the vforce, you get reverse, reliable shaft drive, and automatic that always keeps you in the right gear, it even comes with ITP holeshots from the factory, which are a big plus.
The DS doesnt have reverse, and it is a little wider than the Vforce, so in some tight trails you may have problems.........I dont know if you are planning on buying brand new or not, but remember that the 01's had some tranny problems i believe.
And unlike Jetjockatwork says about power, IF those quads he named beat it, it beat it at top-end, and i dont know many trails that you can run wide open in....

01' RAPPYS had tranny problems!!!!!!!!!!! No year in the DS will you find "problems" some say the the 2000 and 01's are twitchy, but thats a personal preference thing.

Just letting you know, the YAMAHA RAPTOR has had some MAJOR problems in the past, not the DS.

Bigger.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

hes not asking if he should purchase the raptor, hes asking if he should purchase the DS....i am just going of information i have obtained on this site, correct me if im wrong....

Old 05-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

OK.. You're wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

isn't that what he did? i don't recall ever seeing a tranny problem on here.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

and thats what he did . corrected you buy saying it was the raptor that
had tranny problems NOT the ds .

wow you guys are fast .. i guess he gets the point now .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ummm. ok. I think we may have to start over hear![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Still no quad....
i love you ashley

Dude, you should play alittle harder to get. play it cool man, dont let the lady see you profess your love for her on a open forum. dont let the women P-whip you man. they dont respect that![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 05-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think that he was bashing, just got the quads mixed up.

Quick Reply: VForce or DS? Help!!