CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

VForce or DS? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VForce or DS? Help!!

Hi guys I posted last week about getting either a DS or a Raptor. Your replies confirmed what I felt all along and i got set on buying a new DS. Now I have a new dilemma. i originally didn't really consider the KFX 700 because of it being an auto and I never had good luck with Kawi 2 strokes. But everything I hear and read says this bike is awesome. People can't praise it enough. I'm really having a hard time deciding what to get. One of these 2 bikes is the right one for me, I know that, I'm just having trouble nailing the answer. DS: Reliable, big, fast, machine that's built well and has superior suspension. Kawi: Real fast, Auto, proven reliable motor (prairie version), low maintence shaft drive.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I cant tell you much about the Vforce. Been hearing good things about it. But as for the Ds. Its a great bike. Expecially for big riders such as myself. Great power and a blast to ride. I have riden other bikes and the ds feels the most confortable and stable to me. It doesnt feel top heavy like others do. My sugguestion. Ride both and make the decision for yourself.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

im sure you know but the 700 kawi is not a two stroke, and i have never heard it described as "real fast", though ive only seen them, not riddin one, last weekend the bikes draggin, banshee's raptors and DS's were beating the one Kawi 700 out there, so i think they fall behind cause of there weight and auto. sure would be an easy bike to ride though.... I would imagine the suspension would come nowhere close to the ds, it has alot of weight and fairly small shocks, i wouldnt want to ride 10' of air out on that thing.
just opinions from observations, never ridin one
Jetjock16

Old 05-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't state that too clearly. I've ridden bikes (250's) up until now and have had problems with the Kawi's. It has just kinda turned me off to the Kawi name over the years.

Old 05-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have both, and I like the manual quads,and always will, But if you are a trail banger,and need reverse the V-forse is YOUR QUAD!! it has very smooth yet POWERFULL bottom-mid range, and would be hard to beat 0-40 for any stock quad. It is narrowor than the ds,and short. So the handling is quicker,but it is a BIG quad like the ds, so dont compare it to the handling of a Z400,or 400ex. I really like the V-force.

That being said, If "I" had to choose one quad, it would be the DS all over agian. I am a duner, and thier aint no quad out their that fits my needs better then the DS. period.

The V-force is a perfect second quad for me(wifes quad). It is EASY to ride for her,and has plenty of perfomance for me.

Biggerisbetter

Old 05-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

all things considered they maybe close on speed stock although i haven't seen that when they come out to the dunes. the big difference is the suspension, and for dunes and desert that seems rather important, but if you just ride woods or trails might not be a issue. anyways the ds has a lot more from what i have read and seen. well good luck on the decision, can't say that i would mind one for a spare quad, but than again that is another machine to take care of.

Old 05-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jetjock16atWork
I would imagine the suspension would come nowhere close to the ds, it has alot of weight and fairly small shocks, i wouldnt want to ride 10' of air out on that thing.Jetjock16

Pro rider on a bone stock V-Force

V-Force - Big Air

Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Wow!, that looks like 10 feet or more![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ok, I want one too!

Old 05-02-2003, 01:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think you said it "PRO-RIDER" and were not talking about an ATVconnection pro-rider either. Those guys can jump a harley that way too, doesnt mean that they(V-forces) are MX quads, niether is the DS for that matter. The V-force is VERY heavy inthe rear-end,and when pounding through whoops that heavy *** starts bucking pretty hard and you can tell right away that you have to slow down or its going to get alot worse. The DS's suspension is far superior than ANY over-seas Manufacturer,and goes through the rough stuff much more predictable,and faster.

These quads shouldnt be "raced" out of their element IMO, that includes DS's also. I am sure you can modify anything to siute your needs,but I am talking in stock form.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 05-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

Good stuff guys. I'm still feeling the DS a little more, but I can't make up my mind. I will mostly be in woods and pits. I live in NH, no dunes out here. Reverse would be nice as would the quick engaging auto though. I'd like to see the landing of that jump. Guys are saying they are bottoming these things off 3 foot drops. Where can I see video of these quads in action? Gonna see if I can test ride both tomorrow.

Quick Reply: VForce or DS? Help!!