CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

VForce or DS? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VForce or DS? Help!!

Well said lilnotts, I didn't forget you guys either lol.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well I gotta give it to you guys, for as young as you guys are you seem to have a good balanced perspective. I just turned 30 so I am not in the "whatever I have is the best" phase (haven't been for a long time). I like what I like and thats all that really matters.

I do like a good competitive technical debate though, I just don't like the whiny idiots who don't have a point other than "my bike kicks *** and yours won't even start".....

Bottom line from my point of view:

Best Dune quad: DS hands down, Banshee and Raptor next, V Force somewhere behind these

Best Trail quad: V Force hands down, Z-400 next, Raptor somewhere behind (DS not so good in trails from what I can tell)

Best MX quad: Not a V Force, Raptor or DS.......Maybe the Z-400 if the frame doesn't crack

Best quad for HomeDawg: V Force

Old 06-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

You'll be sorry HomeDawg, oh you'll be sorry.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just messing. Good luck and safe riding with your V-Force.

Old 06-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

All depends where and how he rides. I like to do it all. Drags[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Hill climes doing wheelies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Tight woods, it does it. Good riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

GET THE BOMADIER DS650. not the v-force. the v-force is really a 2wd utility 4wheeler with a-arms. NOTHING IS A TRUE RACE QUAD UNLESS IT HAS 1.A CLUTCH 2.MANUAL TRANSMISSION 3. 5SPD OR 6SPD 4.CHAIN DRIVEN 5.A-ARMS 6. A SWING ARM THAT CAN BE REPLACEABLE WITH A LONGER ONE. 7. UNDER 500 POUNDS. 8. LOTS OF AFTER MARKET PARTS. bombadier ds650 all the way.

Old 06-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I think you should get a v force if you want to lose in every catergory that a high performance quad does. It make quite an upgrade overthe scrambler 500 my wife ride. So in my book it's strickly for the ladies who don't like to shift cause there are some girls wwho really get down on the sand!!

Old 06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
Range Rover

I have both the DS-650 and the KFX-700, The DS does have more available aftermarket parts, the aftermarket parts for the KFX will be coming. As far as comparing the two I am able to pound thru the woops on the KFX much faster than the DS. And duning on the KFX for hours is much more fun. As far as the hill my DS has been modified with several different setups (including a turbo and EFI) and its fun to put a wooping on those Raptors. As soon as the KFX proves its durability I will buy another one and start working on a big bore. The major problem I see on the KFX is not being able to go to a longer swingarm (shaft drive). As far as everyone saying you have to have a clutch to be a performance quad thats B*#&. The only thing that matters when it comes right down to it is who gets to the top of the hill faster.

Old 06-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Monday my friend and I had gone to a small (Mx-track a mile long) riding around having fun jumping and so on, then we switched.
Right off the seat was hard and unconvertible if I had a KFX700 I would get use to it.
The suspension was nowhere near what the DS could handle. After my friend rode the DS he went and loosened his front as far as it would go.
Check out what the Pro riders are doing to the KFX700 in ALL the rags $1500.00 in Elka shocks.

My feeling on the KFX700 is that IT is a fun bike and if you want to have fun and not really compete then it is your bike.

They are both big bikes sit on both of them do the comparisons for your self the best advantage that a consumer has is making a sales guy work for your business.
Ride them in the parking lot witch is like the worst place to test a bike.
I made that mistake on a Scrambler 500 4X4 for my wife, and I am paying for that. She is very happy with her Raptor Now.

There are pro’s and con’s on the shaft drive.
Pro=No maintaining the shaft
Con=Can’t change gearing torch/top end
Con=Low swing arm travel
Chain drive Pro’s and Con’s
Con=Chain might break
Con=Maintaining it keeping it clean, lubed, and tight
Pro=Longer swing arm travel
Pro=Gearing
Pro=Making the swing arm Shorter or longer.

The biggest thing I dislike about my DS is that the aftermarket parts are few and far between. Then when you find them the cost.
Parts for the Raptor are everywhere.

My problem is to decide to go indebt for a YFZ450 or a BAJA-X