CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who's going to Sand Mountain for Memorial Weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's going to Sand Mountain for Memorial Weekend?

We can save it ! Said the liberial F###!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
mr. 830
lol (AZ was right about you! Refers to his elders with Respect - "Mr.")

We would love to get a roped off area but, would really like to get to where we are backed up to the kids track area down by the first bathroom.

Rigs (people with trailers) I know will be attending:
Jeff (and probably a few others - SandKicks, Nick, etc. ???)
DuneMe
CapCityDS
Final Climax
John (not Jon)
Justin
Tank
Wiley??
SandMan???
Micah???

If we can at least have some of our backs against the kids track that should reduce people driving through camp. We probably won't be able to get there until late Thursday night.

It may be tight this year. Weren't we there on Wed. night last year Sean?

Old 05-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

that would be a good area but i have a feeling by the time we get there most of that area will already be jam packed, if we cant get that area we will look for an area that has already had a kids track berms built up and wagon around it. I will have a buddy with me that had a kid with a quad too. If we cant find a good track we can run our quads around some and build some berms pretty fast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Make no mistakes.

The enviornmentalists have learned well with thier excapades at glamis. Here's their actual agenda as I see it (which they use at glamis also).

Step 1. Claim an area as a major enviornmental concer.
Step 2. Request to close a portion of the area for a study.
-- They know that there is no way they could get the whole area closed with an un-proven claim. but in the end, they won't have to prove anything, they intend to let the off-roaders hang themselves
-- The closure results in overcrowding of the open area because the same ammount of people visit the area regardless of the closure.
-- Unusually high injury stats, and arrest stats become the norm forcing the local law enforcement to act.
-- They then site the safety issues, lawlessness etc etc etc (all resulting from thier initial closure) as additional reasons to support a closure and give the public a negative impression of the offroad community)
-- If they are lucky, they will be able to fabricate a public outcry that something needs to be done in the name of public safety.
Step 3. Local law enforcement demands extra funding that isn't available.
Step 4. BLM says F@ck it! it's not worth the trouble and closes the whole area to off road use.

The truth of the matter is that historicly, every time the enviornmentalists interfere with the natural selection process, they screw things up even worse. Nature has a way of balancing everything out. Sometimes it uses human intervention for this balance, but most of the time it doesn't. These butterflys will probably be extinct in the next 20 years even if they close the whole area to human contact. Nature has it's ways.

But wouldn't it be funny if they have a butterfly plague develop from saving the buckwheat, which leads to the butterflys devouring the whole natural crop half way through one season, which intern forces the butterfly into extinction, and the beetles which feed on the buckwheat also, which forces birds that feed on the beatle to go elsewhere, which leads to a locust plague because the birds are gone, which leads to all the farmers crops being destroyed, which leads to government subsidies, which lead to higher taxes, which leads to low income households having trouble making ends meet, which leads to mom not having enough money to buy baby formula, which leads to the baby starving. So what's the lesson learned? The Enviornmentalists are really anti baby.

See what happens when you screw with Mother nature. She tends to get a little testy when you get up in her business. LOL
-Tom

Old 05-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to go but can't really commit just yet. I'll let you guys know...

Old 05-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

we can't make this one we already had plans for the sept get together ds days right? plus we had our plans made for the coast but the sept one were there.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well i bet no one ever told you guy's the Story behind saving the Blue butterfly's in Los Angeles did they???? There was a housing development already in place were the Butterfly's were. A real high dollar upscale development! Prime real estate if you know what I mean?! Anyway the Gorpers invaded and started crying directly to the Government and the Feds moved in and bought out all the homes in the area for 3/4 the going price!!!! Home owners filled a massive law suit and guess who won? Right ! The FEDS!!! And they evicted everyone !! People lost there as#$se's!! But do the Gorpers care? Hell No!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] They jsut did the same thing to a friend of mine in Northern Cal. He paid a Million dollars for a Olive plantation that he always wanted, well guess what? The minute he went out to start plowing the fields the Feds rolled in and said, " If you so much as touch that soil! we will be forced to to take you to prison for the destruction of a dying species of Lizard!! He freaked out!!! And said fine then!! Buy me out for what I paid for this land and one years worht of crops! They said, " We will pay you $500,000 and you leave this place, or you can continue to live here with the full knowledge that we will through you in prison if you so much as touch those fields". How do you win?! Viva la Revolution!!!??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]