Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What bolts to Locktite on FX-150 mkII

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What bolts to Locktite on FX-150 mkII

Mike:
Not a problem. Write what you want about another dealer or anyone if they are screwing you. This is what the forums are for! This is not just for Raceway as I showed you today. If someone is out there doing bad business and your having bad dealings with them you should warn other people that are looking in these forums for advice. In the end I will make sure you get what you should. I am really sick and tired of picking up the slack for these other bums out there that call them self's dealers. Trust me I can understand if a part or something is back ordered then there is nothing a dealer could do. But 99% of them will not try to help you with anything!!! I can write a book on these forums about 99% of these dealers out there!! But I do not. I just seat back and watch. It is up to all of the customers out there to post the good the bad and the ugly. All of these forums are a very powerful way to get your words out there. Don't think for a minute that everyone is not looking at them. I hear from people all over the U.S and out of this country and they all love to read ATV Connection. Your words make the difference. Believe me even the major brands look here. Why do you think they advertise with ATV Connection!!!
Kazuma ATV Raceway ATV

Old 03-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

John,

I pulled the clutch cover off of the 150. Both clutches seem to be working fine. I put it up on blocks to watch the tires spin and to check for any binding. There seems to be no binding and the tires spin freely. I marked the tire and the rear clutch with chalk to count the turn ratio. The rear clutch (the one on the opposite side of the sprocket) turns 17 times to one rotation of the tire. Does this seem correct? The motor seems to be screaming and the clutches seem to be spinning at a very high rpm but the drive sprocket barely turns in comparison. I do not feel that any spline or anything else is stripped, but rather just a gearing design issue. Have you personally had the automatic transmission 150's up to 45 mph. I am just wondering if the 110's are faster because of the manual gearbox. Or is it possible that there is a high/low gear change option that I am over looking? Honestly that is what it seems like, that it is just stuck in low gear. As far as warrantying something out I am kind of stuck because it looks like everything is working correctly. Is there a manual gearbox option for this motor.? Sorry for the trouble but thanks for all the help since I still cannot get a return phone call from the original seller (high rpm racer.com). It seems customer service means you actually have to take care of the customer.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old 03-24-2005, 04:51 AM
Trailblazer

have you checked the gear box for oil there is a 14 ml bolt on the left side right next to the blck trans cover remove the bolt and oil should be in there 90 wt gear oil if i remember right this bolt is not shown in the manual it is very similar to the yamoto 70s i had two 150s one with oil one without also you may have ground out a gear in the gear box i would check there next the 150 is faster than 24 it runs real good against the 110 the manul 110s seem faster not sure if they are or not

Old 03-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah the first thing I did was change engine and gear oils on both of them. 20-50 for the motor and 90w for the gear box. The governor is all the way out, the carb opens all the way and the motor runs great. It just has no speed. Even when we run it up in the air with no load on the motor it still looks like I can almost count the rpms of the tires. They offered to give me my money back today after a week of not wanting to help me so I canceled payment through my credit card. Looks like Im taking a road trip to Illinois next weekend. I do not want to pay all of the return shipping charges to ship back 2 quads. What a waste of my time. Thanks for all of your time.

Mike

Old 03-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

20w50 sounds way too thick for that motor. You will eventually starve the bearings of oil because it is to thick. The manufacture determines the viscocity of the oil by the bearing clearance. The more the clearance the heavier the oil. The tighter the clearance the thinner the oil. A diesel engine would take a thicker oil but most gas motors take thinner oils. Expecially a small 4 stroke engine.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

I only used 20-50 because that it what was recomended in the owners manual. Personally I use the Honda cn-4 in my 450 which I believe is 10-40. I too thought that it seemed a little much for that motor but the motor runs fine. The gear box just seems to have the wrong gear ratio for that clutch setup. Honestly It is a great looking and great running bike. It is just slower than a drunk snail with a broken leg.

Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

20w50 is what was recommended to me by both a motorcycle dealer and a Suzuki ATV dealer for the summer months. Since I'm getting ready to change the oil tomorrow I really wanna know if I'm making a mistake by putting in the 20w50 this early in the season ( live in Kansas).

I see the tempurature ratings are ok but 2manytoys, you are saying that it's not really a factor of the temperature but a matter of the oil being too thick for the bearings. Why would the dealers recommend that viscosity for most 4 stroke ATV / motorcycle engines?

Old 03-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, after reading the manual, I saw where it talked about the rear sprocket on the FX-150, it mentioned that a 30 teeth sprocket was installed, can anyone verify that? That definitely will result in a slower bike, if you put on a 23 tooth sprocket that should raise the top end significantly. Can anyone validate my logic?

How difficult is it to swap out the axle sprockets, what is involved?

Thanks!

Old 03-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A 23t may be way to small for the power of the 150. Although it will make a huge difference in top speed. Also you will lose alot of bottom end. It will take off slower and put more stress on the belt drive. You might want to start with a 26t. This would be in the middle. You would lose a little bottom end and gain higher to speed. Usually if you drop 2 teeth you gain about 4-5mph.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

hey hows the 150 redcat running any probs with gears or splitting the intake ?i heard they are rubber is that true?
you dont have to say but how much did ya give for one?
i can get one for 1679 plus tax and reg here
are they as fast and powerful as a 2 stroke 90 by any of the big names (yam hon kaw suz)

thanx

Quick Reply: What bolts to Locktite on FX-150 mkII