Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Quality of Kazuma ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of Kazuma ??

Hi all.....new to the forum.....just found this place when doing a search for Kazuma....

I am looking to get an ATV for my 7 year old....just turns 7 this month.

I am looking at the 50-90 cc range.....I am afraid 50cc will be too small so I was thinking 70cc....

I found a Kazuma XL70 online and like the sound and PRICE of it......then I found tons of references to Raceway and found the XL70 there.....great price plus free shipping!

But some questions....

1) what is thequality of these units like? I have a Yamaha Timberwolf (94) and a Honda TRX250X (1987) and niether bike has ever failed me and they have been used well....I have heard some bad commenst about these "chinese imports".....and folks say 'you get what you pay for'....the $675 price for the 70XL SHIPPED is outstanding but am I trading off price for quality?

2) I dont know if I have a localdealer and if I did if he could match that Raceway price.....if I bought from Raceway how would parts and service be handled? I wrnech my own stuff usually but if there is a major issue, what happens?

3) Is there a warranty?

Pep Boys has their "Baja" ATV on sale for $800 or so, but free financing for 16 months which would help......how do the "Baja" bikes match up against the Kazuma brand?

Sorry for all the questions......

I am thinking of doing this for my sons birthday, end of the month.....thanks for the help folks!

Old 08-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

zavetsky,

I can tell you that NO ONE has better service and parts than Raceway. I have many quads from them and they have never let me down. You will not be dissapointed with Raceway. If you want to know the difference between Baja and Kazuma I would go with Baja. Although RAceway does not sell Baja. Most of the Kazuma brand is ok but it can be hit or miss. For a 7 yo if you were to buy a quad from Raceway go with the Mini delux 100. My son is 8 and he fits very well on it. It has plenty of power and is built pretty strong. The xl70 or 90 will be a little small for him. The mini delux is a few inches bigger and will give room to grow. The xl 70/90 he may only fit for about a year. None of these is Honda quality but for a first quad they are great. That way if they dont like riding there is not much loss.

Old 08-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the feedback....I am worried a bit about size.....

My son has never ridden a gas powered ATV before....has a battery powered hotwheels and a 2 wheel bike and he does great with those......90ccs seems kind of big engine wise, doesnt it??

He is just truning 7 this month...about 3' 11 inches tall.....

Is there a difference between the "min deluxe" and the plain "mini" besides $100 ?

What you said about Baja vs Kazuma...intersting......what makes you say that??

Who makes the "min" and the "mini deluze" ?

I have heard horror stories about frames cracking etc......I dont want to buy into problems....

Old 08-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

if you need to finance in order to buy a atv ,my thought would be to go ahead and finance a jap quad, more money but the payments won't outlast the quad. if you have the cash then i would look at raceway's kazuma falcon 90's , the biggest reason is, parts are very easily obtainable , from raceway, kazumausa, redcatmotors, e-bay, you're not stuck with just one dealer for parts. i like the mini delux 100 but the problem with that it's a sunl, and we all know what support sunl gives both to the dealer and the customer.(lack of) all the chainese atv 70, 90, 110's all use the same engines

Old 08-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Its not really the size of the motor that you need to worry about its the size of the frame. The xl are pretty small. The delus is just a tad bigger and you can limit the throttle back so they wont have all the power. The xl quads that RAceway has are from Roketa. They are built very well and the suspension actually works. The Mini Delux100 is built by SunL and is also built pretty well. The mini falcon would be ok. I have worked on a few Baja quads and they are built very well. Suspension is great on them and they have been holding up good. Plus they are everywhere. The only problem with Baja is that Pep Boys does not service them. If something goes wrong you have to call Baja and they will approve repair and tell you where to send them.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

Maybe I will go take a look at the bajas today......

I really dont have to finance.....but free money is a good thing.....if I can spend the money over time for free versus spending it all up front I try to do that.....

I hate to buy an ATV thru the web and not be able to try the size up front.....I as leaning to the XL until you folks said it is kind of small......then I was leaning toward the mini or mini deluxe until I read here and elswehere thant SUNL leave s a lot to be desired...

Hmmmm.....

Well, like I said, no real rush.....I had actually told my son that he couldnt get a ATV until next season......so I have some wiggle room there before major disappointment sets in.... LOL

I guess I am not too worried about service....I will do my own wrenching on it unless it is something major.....

Old 08-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

here's some more information on atv's on which one's not to buy, one's to avoid are SUNL, ROKETA, KPX, no matter how cheap or whom you're buying from.

Trending Topics

Old 08-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer

I just got back from looking at Pep Boys...

They have a "Baja 50" for $699......nice little bike I think.....they also had a "baja explorer 90" which is a utlity type.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too big for my son..he looked like a bug sitting on it.....couldnt grab the levers right etc and it had a big "for ages 12+" sticker on it.

The 50 looks good....rear disk, full suspension, chain/rotor guard....rear light and it looked like a front light (but it wasnt on the floor model -- wires were there though).....Only thing I am not sure about --- it is a full automatic.

I also had the boy try on some helmets.....an adult small seems to fit ok but there is a gab between his head and the rear bottom of the helmet....not sure that is right.....they didnt have any kids sizes in stock.....

Thanks for the site link...will check it out.....

Old 08-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

don't want a 50cc for a 7year old, he out grow it in a few months, automatic's are prefect for this age group, the kids can just go out and ride and have fun without worrying about shifting

Old 08-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I thought the same thing too.....But a t least in the Baja the 90cc bike is just too big...

I did some measurements of the Baja 50 and would like to get somewhere around those sizes....it was about 23" seat height...I measured ground to the lowest poiint in the seat.....the 90 cc bike was somwething like 40".....HUGE in comparison....

This is one reason why buying online scares me a bit...with all the variables I might end up getting a monster that he wont be able to ride.

Quick Reply: Quality of Kazuma ??