Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Quality of Kazuma ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of Kazuma ??

I was just on Raceway's web site and saw 3 110's on there.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

kazuma's no problem in getting parts for, their's many sources, engine parts for sunl still no problem because all the 50-110 atv uses the same engines but anything else forget it, the dealers don't carry sunl parts for the simple reason sunl doesn't import them, if someone buys a sunl knowining this they desirve what they get junk, for more information on tthe sunl group go to buggynews and do some research their from ex employee's. the sunl group needs to be out of bussiness.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: billl2099
kazuma's no problem in getting parts for, their's many sources, engine parts for sunl still no problem because all the 50-110 atv uses the same engines but anything else forget it, the dealers don't carry sunl parts for the simple reason sunl doesn't import them, if someone buys a sunl knowining this they desirve what they get junk, for more information on tthe sunl group go to buggynews and do some research their from ex employee's. the sunl group needs to be out of bussiness.
Ok but what aboit places like raceway that DO sell parts?? They list the SUNL parts right online......and Raceway cant be the only place.....can they?

The guy I talked to today said he stocks the wear items...chains, brakes etc....and will even part out a new one if needed to get odd parts.....that seems like dedication to me.....???? He said the parts can be ordered thru SUNL but they take a few weeks to get because the yhave to come from china....

Old 08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Bill I have a few sunL quads and I have needed parts. Parts were here within a few days. They dont have problems getting parts for the smaller quads just the bigger ones from like 150 and up. The mini's are easy to get parts for.
You ordered parts thru Raceway then?? WHat kind of parts??

I went and looked at the local guys SUNL 110...overall I like the bike......he is willing to work with me on the warranty length and he seems honest enough.....I am not sure about the fronty end -- more specifically the spindles....they are kind of set up like a lawn tractor.....just rotating sleeves on a shaft......wherreas the mine delexue on raceway's site has what looks to be balljoints........???

What types of front ends do other minis have?

Old 08-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

if a dealer is telling you parts that are ordered needs to come from china, just what do you think he's really telling you, THE SUNL GROUP DOES NOT IMPORT REPLACMENT PARTS FOR THEIR ATV'S PERIOD. and also he's lieing to you if he says a couple of weeks,it really takes 2-4 months. do your research and also check dallas texas BBB for sunl complaints before buying a sunl. the sunl group will sell to anyone whom wants to sell on e-bay and have the atv's dropped shipped, also look at rip-off comlplants on the web about sunl. i really don't care if you buy a sunl or not but if you do and it breaks in a couple of weeks and your kids are po' d at you you been warmed, we had one sunl 90 raceway replaced because of a broken frame, we replaced that with the mini 100, it's ok only because it's for our grandkid and has ony a couple of hours of used, why do you think raceway dropped the sunl line execpt for the mini 100, i 'm pretty sure it because they got fed up buying complete atv and using them for replacment parts, i bet and i'm not sure but if you look around raceway you're see a lot of sunl's pile up missing parts that they used for warranty parts. if you do decide on a atv do yourself a favor and buy it from raceway, no other chainese atv dealer will give you better customer service.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Bill for your feedback....

It really does seem like you had a bad experience with them...and I appreciate the wisdom....On the other hand, doing a search , I have found numerous negative commenst about EVERY chinese and some taiewanese mini ATV.....a variety of names.

So, going by that I shouldnt buy anything but a brand name at this point.

I also contacted several folks who bought the same bike I am looking at on ebay (the SUNL 110 mini, same as what raceway carries) and a couple have said how great they are and a couple have said they stink.........I have seen "they have tons of issues" and I have seen "they are good solid machines for the money".

Problem is, the tally is almost neck and neck......

So, not really sure what to do.......

The dealer I talked to today even said that SUNL headquarters doesnt seem to stock parts....yeah that sucks....but then again, I had to wait 2-3 weeks for a clutch cvable for my 2005 Honda street bike because no dealer with 200 miles had one....it had to come from some warehouse somewhere.....and thats HONDA.
2manytoys seems to enjoy his SUNL 110......you dont think your SUNLs are very good........but the problem I face is on which side to lay my cards.....

I f I were to go out and buy a used name brand for 1,000 I wouldnt know what I was getting either and could be facing major problems and expensive repairs.....no difference, really...I would just have spent more up front....

I really do appreciate the food for thought......

Old 08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

i think you musta misunderstood me, i didn't say don't buy a chainese quad, i'm saying don't support a importer that doesn't surport their import product, i think the chainese quads are great for kids and family's, i also think you can find a kazuma or jetmoto that fits your needs and have dealer and importer surport. go to buggynews and read some posting on the sunl group, one of them is a plea to sunl, the sunl is the bottom of the food chain and i think if you willing to buy an atv for your kids you desirve to buy something that you can order parts and have dealer and importer surpport, kazuma , jetmoto has many dealers and importer support plus many other importers suppling parts, kazumausa are great people to deal with, what ever you decide i'd still buy from raceway, when the frame broke on our 90 sunl not only did they pay to have it pick up but also paid to have the new one delivered, i bet you local dealer won't replace a broken atv with a new one after 120 days like raceway did. i wouldn't buy from e-bay, the dealers are drop shppers and don't have parts supply like they say in their ads. this is only my opino and you're going to buy what you want anyway but inform yourself brfore forking down your hard earned money.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: billl2099
i think you musta misunderstood me, i didn't say don't buy a chainese quad, i'm saying don't support a importer that doesn't surport their import product, i think the chainese quads are great for kids and family's, i also think you can find a kazuma or jetmoto that fits your needs and have dealer and importer surport. go to buggynews and read some posting on the sunl group, one of them is a plea to sunl, the sunl is the bottom of the food chain and i think if you willing to buy an atv for your kids you desirve to buy something that you can order parts and have dealer and importer surpport, kazuma , jetmoto has many dealers and importer support plus many other importers suppling parts, kazumausa are great people to deal with, what ever you decide i'd still buy from raceway, when the frame broke on our 90 sunl not only did they pay to have it pick up but also paid to have the new one delivered, i bet you local dealer won't replace a broken atv with a new one after 120 days like raceway did. i wouldn't buy from e-bay, the dealers are drop shppers and don't have parts supply like they say in their ads. this is only my opino and you're going to buy what you want anyway but inform yourself brfore forking down your hard earned money.
Hi Bill.... Oh, I know you werent saying to not buy a chinese quad.....I am saying that if I take your advice to not buy a SUNL, and someone elses to not buy a Kazuma and still someone else's to not buy anything Pep Boys sells and yet anotehr person who said Wildfire bikes are junk, that doesnt leave a whole lot.....I have found negative feedback on just about every name brand out there so far.....

My point was that if I take all of that , including your excellent feedback, I would be best to not buy ANY chinese quad...see what I mean? Now, going by what 2manytoys said, the new SUNL that I am looking at is solid. I did ask the local guy if he would offer me the same warranty as Raceway does (6 months motor and 120 days frame, etc) and he agreed.....so from that aspect I am not worried.....I guess I want the warranty dont want to have to ever use it...LOL...the old "have your cake and eat it too" thing.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As far as parts...well, from what I could find on the web, there are just a handful of dealers carrying parts for each brand.....I didnt look into if the main office in the US carries or warehouses parts.....but going by the dealer count, seems like just as many folks have parts for SUNLs as any other.....although that is just on the limited amount of research I have done myself....I am used to crummy customer service....I own a Dodge and a Honda....neither company really cares....oh they pay lip service but when the chips are down they hose ya....same with Chevy......I had a brand new Chevy Malibu with problems and I had to involve an attorney before the problem was taken care of....and then the dealer played it off like they were doing it as a courtesy.,....prior to my registered attorney letters to the dealership owner and the CEO of Chevy, they had told me that they could do nothing for me....the next day they called and said come picky up your new replacement car......so I dont care about what kind of customer service I get from SUNL headquarters.....as long as I can get parts from Raceway and my dealer then I am OK, I think..someone said that many of the parts on the SUNL are actually shared among other makes as well....so...... But yes

Bill, I see your point....I used to care and demand that companies give me the respect I deserve for buying their product...but anymore, customer service in general sucks so bad, even with name brands, I dont hold my breath....I try to make an informed decision based on real world results....ans right now, its 50% one way and 50% the other.....

Other than the frame breaking on your SUNL bikes, what other issues have you had? What year are they and how much use do they see?? I am particularly interested in the 110's track record.....