Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

China break-down

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China break-down

I been looking and looking all over the internet, ebay and other places about Chinese quads. I've gotten names like Komoto, SunL, Hi-Bird, Jetmoto, Yamoto and a plethora of dealers for these things. Some say they are Honda clones others say Yamaha clones, some are different dimensions but the same "cc", others are air or water cooled.

Aside from the migraine I'm getting researching these bikes, I still haven't found info on the the name brand if you will on these different ATV's for example "Kawasaki". Is Komoto and Yamoto the same manufactuer? How about SunL and Jetmoto? How many major manufactuers of these ATV's are there in China and what is thier primary name?

Are there really just 2 major manufactuers in China making these and then US dealers buying them and slapping their own names, graphics and plastics on them? or are there truly five or six different company's?

Old 11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China break-down

About the only way of knowing is to seach parts on ebay....many times the parts will state what differant name brands they will fit....that only gives you an idea of what bikes are similar

Old 11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default China break-down

I am going to take a stab at this. This is the way that I interpret this using a carb cert for a Redcat 110 and 150. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The companies you list are not the same. There are many manufacturers in China making these quads. I am going to give you an example, using Redcat, of how confusing it gets: Here in California to ride a quad on public land the quad has to be registered with the DMV. Here is the break down. GUANGDONG JIALING MOTORCYCLE CO., LT is the Chinese company listed at the top of the Carb application. This is the Chinese manufacturer. The quads that qualify on the carb application I found on-line are listed as Tomoto's Tomoto's. Now remember Redcat is selling these quads with their name and stickers on them.

When I went to register my Boreem at the DMV, Tomoto was the name listed on my CARB Cert. I did not buy a Redcat it was a Boreem or BMS as this is their new name, which works out to Boreem Motor Sports.

This is just one example of a few companies buying from the same mfg and using the same USA distributor.

The way it breaks down is this:

Chinese MFG: GUANGDONG JIALING MOTORCYCLE CO., LT that is also Sanshui Jialing Motorcycle Co., Ltd. It's pretty much impossible to figure it all out. I did some research and found that the Chinese mfg. is listed on the Air Resource Board application under the first name (Guangdong), however, the real company name is the second one (Sanshui). Guangdong is the city in China that Sanshui Jialing is located. I think I confused myself?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] From what I can find, there are about 20 main companies producing these quads in China, they in turn sell them to the distributor who then sells them to the sub distributor and so on.

USA Distributor: Tomoto is the quad listed for the CARB certs here in California (i.e.: Tomoto 110 and 150).

Sub Distributor: Redcat, BMS, Yamoto and any other company that wants to be a start up. These companies work with the above two and design graphics and stickers. They even go as far as adding different options to the quads. All they have to do is pay extra for an upgraded design or one that is not part of the mass production.

Dealer: Whoever is selling the quads.

Another thing Redcat sold Kazuma quads under their name last year along with their VX Redcat models which are the Tomoto's. The new MPX models are also Tomoto's.

Not really like Honda or Yamaha is it?

Here is an interesting read if you have time: Report

If you would like to see the carb cert I reference to, pm me with your email and I will email you a copy.

Please if anyone can make this a little easier please do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SB.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default China break-down

Originally posted by: smb05

Please if anyone can make this a little easier please do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SB.
I dont think there is a easy way to explain it smb05.