Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

This is bad, very bad. Raceway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007 | 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default This is bad, very bad. Raceway?

It's the Communist Chinese government we need to keep a close eye on. Not some manufacturer of atvs. I don't know about anyone else, but I have no beef with the Chinese people.

I remember the same complaints about the "evil" Japanese 30-40 years ago.

I wonder if John at Raceway knows he's into blackmarket parts? Shame on you John! ;-)

Old 06-21-2007 | 09:03 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GIZTMO

Thay are crap unbalanced & i'm lamed due to the cheap crap imitation design</end quote></div>

Welcome to the forum GIZTMO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Would you mind telling us what you bought and how you were lamed due to it?

Old 06-21-2007 | 02:12 PM
|
Pro Rider

Wow, that was something...

He is definately lame, although I would like to know how he is lamed.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>It's the Communist Chinese government we need to keep a close eye on. Not some manufacturer of atvs. I don't know about anyone else, but I have no beef with the Chinese people. </end quote></div>

I'm with you on the Red-China gov't, but there are some chinesse manufacturers that have been involved in very nasty business lately. Did you know that melomine (which was put in pet food) causes falsely high levels of protein in the testing? It's a very cheap way for the manufacturers to sell "protein enhanced" dog food additives to America.

Kazuma is fighting with the US CPSB right now over the meerkat 50, although the complaints the CPSB seems to be about some pretty stupid things like no front brake on the meerkat 50, or neutral indicator light. I guess all the other safety features don't make up for having to teach a kid how to drive a quad, or getting a quad that is actually suited for your kids age and responsibility level.

Rather than keeping this offtopic discussion going, I would recommend that these posts be removed and let gizimo state his complaints in another thread.

-JNY

Old 06-21-2007 | 04:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: pimpsmurf

Rather than keeping this offtopic discussion going, I would recommend that these posts be removed and let gizimo state his complaints in another thread.

-JNY</end quote></div>

I agree and will be keeping a eye on this thread for a few days.

Old 06-22-2007 | 11:31 PM
|
Pro Rider

I got the axle back from the machine shop today and the reason I couldn't get it off is the threads on the left side of the axle are left-handed (backwards.)

I think this is so the torque of the quad going forward doesn't constantly apply presure to tighten the nuts. It would have been much easier to get off if I hadn't spent so long tightening them. haha

Anyways, The dude did 3/8-16 threads in, so when I get all the parts to fix the quad (5-10 days or so) I should be up and running. I'm thinking about countersinking bolts like mywifesquad was talking about. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to find 1.25" 3/8-16 grade 8 bolts with a flat head locally though. I'm going to have to do some looking. I think lowes only carries hex head bolts in 3/8 grade 8. I'll probably just use the bolts I already have, if they don't require grinding the heads down to clear the axle carrier.

-JNY

Old 06-23-2007 | 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Left handed threads??? They aren't on mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Must have made a change in production or something.

Old 06-23-2007 | 01:46 AM
|
Pro Rider

Yeah, I figured you were right about yours, but after the guy at the machine shop drilled and tapped 3/8"-16 he left the bolts loose so I could see they are indeed left-handed. It's a good change they made though I think.

It only cost me $30, so I wasn't too worried about it, but it does suck because I could have done it myself (I had already bought the tap for the threads. haha)

-JNY

Old 06-27-2007 | 10:37 PM
|
Pro Rider

I got my axle carrier in today, and the tapered bearings. They look like really nice bearings, and will make the grease zirk actually do something. =)

I put the tapered bearings to the side until my new sprocket gets here. I'm up and running, but I don't want to do any riding until I put a new rear sprocket on. The gear ratio is probably insane. When I get the replacement stock rear sprocket in, I'm going to send it off to sprocketspecialties.com and let them make a 50 tooth, 3/8" bolt version.

-JNY

Old 06-27-2007 | 10:41 PM
|
Pro Rider

I got my axle carrier in today, and the tapered bearings. They look like really nice bearings, and will make the grease zirk actually do something. =)

I put the tapered bearings to the side until my new sprocket gets here. I'm up and running, but I don't want to do any riding until I put a new rear sprocket on. The gear ratio is probably insane. When I get the replacement stock rear sprocket in, I'm going to send it off to sprocketspecialties.com and let them make a 50 tooth, 3/8" bolt version.

-JNY

Old 06-28-2007 | 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Just fixed my two 250's. Mine were not oblonged yet so I simply replaced the bolts with new Hex head and Loctighted! Was'nt to bad of a job and only took a couple hours with going and buying the new bolts!

Shown here:Repairs

Quick Reply: This is bad, very bad. Raceway?